• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Any effects mod

BrAdriano

Sailor Apprentice
Im like playing the GOF mod but,is there are any mods that improve that improve them,i searched the forum but i didnt find it,and if theres not how do i edit them?

I think there is something missing from your above post. I'm not sure what it is you want...

The pistols in GOF2 sound more like misfires while the pistols in POTC have some authority and one can tell from the sound what type of pistol is being fired. I tried to import those sounds without success. I do not know the codes.

The pistols in GOF2 sound more like misfires while the pistols in POTC have some authority and one can tell from the sound what type of pistol is being fired. I tried to import those sounds without success. I do not know the codes.

Heh heh, the funny thing is that those sounds were recorded off of Youtube from videos of actual pistols and muskets being fired.

Real life pistols and guns do NOT sound like the ones in movies. At all.

Then they need to have their sound volume quadrupled. I have fired a few firearms, modern and black powder, pistols, muskets and watched various cannons firing. Use the POTC sounds. They are far better.

Easy there. I will say that the black powder guns did not have the bark of modern guns, but they were not quiet by any means.
But the cannons! Even the smallest muzzle loaders would put out a concussion you could feel in your chest.

Find the sound file you want in RESOURCE/Sounds/People Fight

The ogg files for people shooting are Player_Man_Shoot_01 and Rifle_fire1(2)

Listen to these in VLC player or whatever. If you want to replace. Record your own, convert it to ogg format using any number of utilities - including VLC player and then rename it to be the same as the one you're replacing and drop it into the game.

Very simple. I tend to agree POTC sounds are a little better, but there are some GOF sounds I like better. Officerpuppies sounds are always very good.

I am replacing a few sounds in ERAS and have added additional sounds as well.

MK

Back