• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

antigua's treasure

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
you know the treasure you can find after completing the angelique moulin quest? i can't find it. naturally, there's two more bugs related to it:

the road from muscetto cove to antigua is still bugged, with all exits from at least one of the crossroads not working. this is presumably the crossroad at which i was supposed to look for the treasure, going by the instructions, although they are rather vague. it's wording would suggest that it might be in the first crossroad you get to from the beach, but i haven't been able to find it there either.

the text in the journal which points you towards the treasure contradicts the quest log. the quest log says that you somehow deduced that it might be on antigua, but if you bother to read the journal, it points you somewhere entirely different, namely petit tabac. the journal says that you're supposed to sail 6 days south (from port au prince, maybe, since that's where you are when recieving the journal. unless i remember it wrong) to an uninhabited island. antigua is neither uninhabited nor 6 days south from port au prince.

the road from muscetto cove to antigua is still bugged, with all exits from at least one of the crossroads not working. this is presumably the crossroad at which i was supposed to look for the treasure, going by the instructions, although they are rather vague. it's wording would suggest that it might be in the first crossroad you get to from the beach, but i haven't been able to find it there either.

I have just played the Bartolomeu story - in that you can get from Muscetto cove to St Johns, Antigua and back again through the jungle without any problems :shrug

If I remember correctly the crossroads where the treasure is has a big cliff running along the right side ( as you come from St Johns ) - you turn to your left and there is now a sloping grass area on your right - the treasure should be somewhere there.

why from st john's? it outright says you should go in from the beach. also, i did the quest in the standard main quest. i'll try again though, but in my game the jungles are still broken.

If you come from Muscetto Cove and get trapped in the jungle, you went too far. I think you go to the 2nd intersection (or is it the 2nd section?) and turn left. It is in the grass to the right of the trail.

Sorry I got confused - that is what happens when I rely on my memory. :cheeky

I have just checked the Antigua jungle

From Muscetto Cove

1st section of jungle with mine in middle - 2 paths - choose Left or Right path

Left path -> to Waterfall & St Johns outskirts - for St Johns - works ok

Right path ->
to next section of jungle which has cliff on right side - 2 paths Left or Straight Ahead - for treasure walk along Left path a little way and search the grass area on your right .
( this is the section of jungle that the reloads are broken in ) :yes

Hope this makes sense.

yeah, that's where i was looking. actually, it's the third area that's broken, not the second. so i do need to look for it in the second area? the journal text would at least make some sense then, although it's still not completely obvious. there's still the matter of the journal directing you to completely the wrong island though.

you know, i wouldn't know where the currently broken area should be going anyway.

here's an irritating bug: i can no longer speed up my game after finishing the quest. this seems to be a bug inherent in most of bartolomue's quests for some reason. reloading the game doesn't work.

Muwahahahahaha! :d:

That sword is magical! It is also bad luck. That is why it was buried. :treas

Don't worry, the time compression will come back in a bit. I'm still using that sword btw. :ixi

i saw the problem goes away when you enter your cabin. it's still a bug though. and even if it isn't, it's still got no reason to exist.

or actually, no, it doesn't. instead, it goes away once someone talks to you. going into my cabin was in fact impossible until a crewmember started talking.

Eh? I don't recall having trouble getting into my cabin. In fact I would often stash it in the ships chest. The time thing would go away at the next landfall.

Back