• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Antigua RvR is getting ridiculous.

eton975

Landlubber
Beginning of the map, many of us rats notice the French are kinda quiet, so we start hitting their ports. After a week or so of this, frogs start showing up in numbers to PBs and handily defeating us... and the previously-strong brits (who had capped some don ports earlier) seem weakened. Frogs take some brit and don ports (Turtling, Gibara).

So then we switch over and start flipping brit ports again (West End, Puerta, Nassau). PBs are laughably easy: West End is 20v5, Puerta is 18v8, Nassau 19v4. Brits then start reflipping the ports that the frogs capped from them, and suddenly there's a massive Brit presence again: Riding Rocks is 23v24, Basseterre 13v24. Frogs meanwhile have sagged: Carlos is 14v14 (though a massive win on their part of course)

If not xteaming, what can explain this?

(And if so, why do these people express such a desire to switch nations so suddenly and reflip their own ports? Mark farming?)

I miss the whole, choose your nation and stick to it approach.

I want to get back into PotBS, but as my old account was lost in the handover from SOE/Flying Labs I would have to start from scratch and play for free, so I'm not sure if I can really enjoy the game again like I used to and the posts I keep seeing about the community etc.. do not make it sound appealing to return to. :/

I miss the whole, choose your nation and stick to it approach.

I want to get back into PotBS, but as my old account was lost in the handover from SOE/Flying Labs I would have to start from scratch and play for free, so I'm not sure if I can really enjoy the game again like I used to and the posts I keep seeing about the community etc.. do not make it sound appealing to return to. :/
Well, there are some really great people playing on Rats at least - Kadmon, Three Dogs, Mohag, etc. Trouble is they're stretched thin these days and the pop is getting reeaaalll low....

Back