• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Another quick question (or 2..or 3)...

Darkheath

Landlubber
Does the little cross that you can find (an item of faith) actually have any modifiers to it? Perhaps raising your luck rating a bit? Just curious... I've been holding on to it in the off chance it does.

Also, in my first game I got a bronze ring that said something like (Hawkes family heirloom.. or something) I kept that as well thinking it may be important. I started a new game tho, and didn't get it this time.

Also.. this time I've taken to looting all the houses in Oxbay. Can you ever get caught doing something like that? In my first game I was able to successfully do a couple of smuggling operations.. but then got caught and found no way out of it. It made me eventually have to fight, and after beating the soldiers, I faced 2 military ships that WAAAAY outclassed me. I just started over. Can you ever get out of being caught? Do they ever accept the bribe... or do you do just a short amount of prison time? It didn't seem to give me the option of giving in. :blah:

Some of de items yew come across add skill points,click on de info button fer de item an it eill tell you what it does,loot'n houses ye 'ave twew fight sometimes,I believe ye can get caught now,Smugglers,if ye get caught,no way out mate,it'd either be yew or dem mate :blah:

This assumes you have build 11.
Yes, many items now have skill bonuses (or penalties!)
Also, robbing houses _will_ make the citizens not like you...if they see you do it.

...if build 11 is in the Xbox version.. yeah, I have it <sic>

Man.. I feel like a lower class citizen playing on the Xbox! augh... (But even if I did have it for PC, I'd get the USB adapter for my Xbox controller. I absolutely HATE using ASWD keyboard controls. It cramps my hands up!)

Anyway.. how about the ruby. It says it can make my sword hand strong.. or something. Anything to that? Is this anything like KotOR where I add the stones to my sword somehow?

Or am I reading way to much into this?

Thanx for the help guys! :blah:

If you hate the ASWD control set, check out the Belkin Nostomo N52. You can get in on newegg.com for about US$35. I use it, and it rocks!! I'll upload the controller loadout this weekend to the Mods section.

You're not gonna believe this.. but I bought the Nostromo N50 on sale for $15 bucks a coupla years ago... and haven't even taken it out of the package!!!

Is the N52 much different?

So on Xbox.. I might as well sell everything? No bonuses?

If the Xbox version is like the stock standard PC version, then yeah, no bonuses, sell the lot!

Back