• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

another mod idea

migck

Landlubber
I suppose this has been proposed before but someone suggested me to post it here so why not...

The thing is, since the tailors can provide you with almost any kind of clothes, including soldiers and officers uniforms of the different nations, why not taking advantage of that to disguise yourself from he enemy as an innocent peasant or infiltrate in the military compound as a high rank officer.

to elaborate on this:

it could result in some pretty funny dialogue when you disguise yourself as an officer. for instance, sending a guard away to patrol somewhere else, in other words, removing him from that area of the fort. this shouldn't always work of course. he might not believe that you're a new officer.

It would be a fun feature and actually one I was discussing with Thomas the Terror a couple of days ago. Naturally the whole "we need modders" issue does come into play again here.

However, something somewhat similar to this is actually already in the game, though hardly anyone knows of it. If you wear the animist3 (monk) skin at night, it will serve as a camouflage cloak. Everybody will become enemy to you, but you can sneak around much better, because everyone will see much less far. Might be fun to try this. Originally this was part of an unfinished sneak mod by CouchcaptainCharles, but this is the only part of that mod that actually made it into the game.

i guess that the consequences would be the same as with anything else that can currently happen in the fort, except that the chance of being discovered should be smaller. maybe something like having a hairdo that's against regulations could come into play for the dialogue when being found out.

Back