• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Another Idea...

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
As far as I know, we can only have 6 ships in our fleet. We know that there were battles of dozens of ships... Wouldnt it be a scary sight to control an armada of a dozen ships or more, and fight an enemy with an equal number of ships.

The problem being of course is the stability of the Storm Engine....and that the entire game would have to be rebalanced as well. One could have the entire Caribbean's stock of cotton in that many ships....

I believe its 5 ships but also someone (can't remember who now) did manage to allow you to have up to 8 ships. :onya

I believe its 5 ships but also someone (can't remember who now) did manage to allow you to have up to 8 ships. :onya
Oh yea, thats right...5 ships.

8 ships would be good...with more being better.
Is the 8 ship fleet mod coming out in the next release?

What?? 5?? I usually play the lonely pirate on every game, be it POTC or COAS, but I remember the 4 ships limit( including yours) in POTC.
Is this a characteristic of COAS? (The 5 ships)

It is indeed. ..
I have played the lonely pirate before as well, but when starting off, I like doing a lot of trading, that way I can have a few million pieces of eight in the bank :D

For battle purposes I would be less likely to try to raid a convoy of 8 ships....

Here you go bud the topic about the mod increasing it to 8 companion ships, i don't think Ashley ever uploaded the mod though. http://forum.piratesahoy.net//8-maximum-companion-ships-t14803.html

I would not recomend this as a main mod at all :no

The thing is I have changed the code for some during the 10x Man'o'War fight cause it caused there game to crash (to many models to load for their computer to handle)

That's what i was afraid of. Its unfortunate that even with the source code, the instability of the storm engine is still a headache...I suppose 5 ships will have to be enough
:boom

Back