• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Another Governor-General problem

Cadoras

Landlubber
At the moment I'm running against a wall. My first character bought the English Letter of Marque, was a Hero and was "Admired" by Britain. But when asked for a mission, the G-G kept responding with the remark that at the moment he doesn't have a mission dangerous or lucrative enough for a corsair (see picture).

"Alright", I thought. Lets give him some time. A month later though, still the same. Two months later, still the same. At last I summised the game was broken, so I started another game, with the same character etc. and under the same circumstances, the problem STILL remains.

So, what's all this then? Is this a known issue, or is it normal that a player has to wait, for example, six months or so to get a mission (which I haven't tried)?

EDIT: I'm running the latest COAS with GOF 1.2, probably handy to know...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 102
At the moment I'm running against a wall.

The english questline has never been broken to my knowledge in any version of the game except vanilla which had some script issues but there were questline fixes in gof 1.1
Hopefully you did not start any part of the pirate questline because this will cause the g-g to answer in this manner if so you will need to most of this questline first

you do meet the requirements for gov missions in general terms

Is there anyway to reset the Pirate quest line if we want to start a nation quest line? I started as a pirate in Bermuda, triggered the pirate quest line, and now after a few days i have a french patent and would like to do this quest line first. I read there http://ageofpirates.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Quest_Line that it is not possible so i wonder if messing with the files would change that.

edit : Also from this wiki i dont understand if you can start any nation quest line through the end, then can start the pirate quest line, is it possible to do both once a nation quest line has been finished if pirate isnt considered a nation?

edit2 : nvm got my answer : "One quick note - start nation quests before you start Henry Morgan's Pirate Quest-line, since you won't be able to do Nation Quests otherwise. The Pirate Quest-line does not require anything like a Patent, and can be started at any time."

Thanks !

Last edited:
No sorry. There is no way to reset the Governors or Pirate questlines. The reinit function will screw up one major thing...... DO NOT REINIT the game after you have taken a Governor questline or the main Pirate quest. If you do it will break your game from completing the quest you're on or taking another one. The main problem has to do with resetting model locators. At all nation regional capitols, the local Governors will be sitting in the laps of the Governor Generals so you can never talk to them again. I've never figured out how to fix this bug.

MK

Is there anyway to reset the Pirate quest line if we want
Couple points to add beyond mk's comments regarding reinit it possible to do a nation questline after starting the pirate questline however you must not start the Invasion of Panama with henry morgan and the panl mod to do all nation quests was never properly integrated into GOF

Unfortunately it is not the piratequest-problem, for I've encountered that one before. With the pirateproblem, the GG states that I'm too closely involved with the Brotherhood of the Coast blah blah... I've double checked, and I've not started any other grand-questline.

OK. I've started a new game, and tried to get as "clean" as possible to the letter of marque. What does "clean" mean? In my last game I've first hoarded a lot of cash and captured a good ship, which I thoroughly upgraded. In the pursuit of that plan I usually got into problems with other nations, getting bounty hunters on my tail - surely, sacking a city or two didn't help the reputation.

But now I've done nothing of the sort. As an Englishman I only fought pirates and Dutch or Spanish when attacked. As such, I've waited till a gained 500000 p.o.a. and bought the Letter of Marque. And what do you know? The GG gives the quest without hesitation...

To summarize, one of the following factors, or a combination of these, can cause the GG to not give you missions:

- having a bounty on your head before starting a national questline
- you've already sacked cities before starting a national questline
- generaly getting into a hostile relationship with one of the nations before starting a national questline

A more thorough test could isolate the exact cause, but that would be unacceptably boring.
With this, I hope I can help others who encounter the same problem.

Back