• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Altering character init txt file

avakin

Landlubber
I got ahold of PotC after years of not playing when my xbox version began jamming up. I don't have nearly enough time to restart and build up, and have no desire to do the main quest at the moment. All I want to do is get a good start and start attacking (to keep me tided over until Pirates of the Burning Sea releases), but I can't seem to find where I would alter the starting money for my character in the character_init file. It just has a variable named START_MONEY. I even tried commenting it out and just typing in a value, but this doesn't seem to cut it with build 12.

You want to edit BuildSettings.h in the PROGRAM directory. Its the top or second setting. Give yourself a million, with a starting level of 10... that will get you jumpstarted into it.

BTW: NK is Nathan Kell, the original modpack compiler without whom the entire Build mod would not exist. He is pretty inactive now, but he has done a lot of great work.

Back