• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

alpha 10 + rollback?

banlu

Landlubber
hello, i have tried out alpha 10 for a while now and i would like to feed back something..

Theres a problem with Save system. Normally i do Quicksave often and sometimes during the game or maybe after restarting the game and use Quickload ... the game doesnt load to where it was saved but it loads to earlier stage not even close to when i saved

and not just that. after the game is loaded. The Quests screw up like .. back to the beginning. and also will lose some items in the inventory as well.

Also during the game if i press F1 to go to menu and then go to option to change something like Sound. The game will lock-up and i won't be able to resume the game after exit from the menu

Last thing is when i loot the corpse. the game will get stutter a lot until im done with them

i never had such problems before in alpha 9.5 patch 4. i wonder if anyone else having these problems or should i go back to 9.5

Thank you

Any time you change the options you should restart the game so it will load up right (Only if you were just playing). I also noticed that if you change the interface and load a game that used the other interface the game would switch back to the interface you used before.

yes computi

now i wonder if changing profile name at the character selection screen causes this .. i will give it a try

So you're saying you make a quicksave, exit the game and when you load the quicksave,
it's actually an OLDER quicksave? That's a pretty bizarre issue.
Personally I don't use quicksave; I always use the regular save/load instead.
I wonder if somehow your most recent quicksave is not saving with the correct profile or something.
We had some profile issues with the save system before, but those were supposed to be fixed.

As for the "Changing options" issue, that's a well-known long-standing bug.
The game messes up greatly if you have a game loaded, change the options, then try to go back to your game.
That is why we disabled the "Resume" and "Save" buttons upon doing this.
There's an easy workaround: make a save before changing the options, then reload that save.

I'm not entirely sure if certain options are saved IN the save though.
If that IS the case, you can't change those options after starting a new game.
I hope eventually this bug can be fixed properly.

So you're saying you make a quicksave, exit the game and when you load the quicksave,
it's actually an OLDER quicksave? That's a pretty bizarre issue.
Personally I don't use quicksave; I always use the regular save/load instead.
I wonder if somehow your most recent quicksave is not saving with the correct profile or something.
We had some profile issues with the save system before, but those were supposed to be fixed.

The game messes up greatly if you have a game loaded, change the options, then try to go back to your game.
There's an easy workaround: make a save before changing the options, then reload that save.

yes pieter! it loads to older save

and its not only me who have this problem , a friend of mine too

if i do regular save and then go to load to load the game , the save game won't appear i mean there won't be any saves to choose which 1 to load, its like nothing in there beside the quicksave which is having problem

is there any fix on this atm or better if i go back to 9.5?

thank you

* is it possible that changing settings in "Advance option" can cause this?

If you open the Options menu, the game unloads the currently active profile.
You can re-activate the appropriate profile using the "Profile" button in the "Load" interface.

When quicksave loads an older save, is it a quicksave that you actually made or is it something random?

One thing to keep an eye on, but shouldn't happen anymore is that when you use the "Save" interface,
there is no profile active. This should be fixed, but I recall seeing it once even after the fix.
It'd be good to know if that happens again, because it makes saving and loading rather complicated during that game.

alright , i just went to check in the .../SAVE/Assasin folder (im playing on)

and i see 3 files ...

-=Player=- QuickSave
-==- QuickSave
-==- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern. 16-04-1665

when i was playing the game , i did manual save only once which is how i got
"-==- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern. 16-04-1665"
right? but you know this save doesnt appear in the game to load at all. i can only see in the folder

so i chose to use "Quicksave" instead and then i get 2 files
-=Player=- QuickSave
-==- QuickSave

now if i delete the "-=Player=- QuickSave" which is loading old save
and rename this one "-==- QuickSave" to "-=Player=- QuickSave"

i will get correct save

and also if i rename
-==- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern. 16-04-1665 then put "Player" between -= =- to make it like
"-=Player=- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern. 16-04-1665" , now it will show in the game too

so in conclusion, i dont see manual save , correct quicksave in the game to load or overwrite the save, i can see only the fault quicksave one

is there a way to fix this?

thank you

If you open the Options menu, the game unloads the currently active profile.
You can re-activate the appropriate profile using the "Profile" button in the "Load" interface.

When quicksave loads an older save, is it a quicksave that you actually made or is it something random?

One thing to keep an eye on, but shouldn't happen anymore is that when you use the "Save" interface,
there is no profile active. This should be fixed, but I recall seeing it once even after the fix.
It'd be good to know if that happens again, because it makes saving and loading rather complicated during that game.

yes correct

there is no profile active and no save games to load and i have to click on "profile" and load the profile before i can see the fault save

and now to load the correct quicksave game, i have to go to the folder right straight and add "player" between ?-==-" so that i can load last save xD

PS. does anyone know where is the spy in Cayman port for Assassin quest "A bad deal"? i can't find him

thank you!

So it IS the "no active profile" thing again. That's not good.
What I'd recommend you to do is to start a new game until when you open the Save interface,
a profile name IS shown. As far as I have noticed, the "profile-less games" are not consistent.
Sometimes it DOES work and sometimes it doesn't. The problem was worse before. :facepalm

The spy in Cayman is in the house just outside town.

yes Pieter, i will

and is the spy name "Barnabus Crawcour"? i have talked to him many times but he responded with normal villager dialogue that u can choose to protect his house and stuff

there is another house at the port too but that one is not available to enter

Thank you!

The game also loose the active profile when you go in options. That's also why you have to reload your save by going into profile selection screen. To reactivate it !

For what i saw, changes done in controls and advanced options are kept if you do it during a game. interface change is the most important problem that still remains

If you change the interface while in the game, it seems to change... half??? :shock

If you change the interface while in the game, it seems to change... half??? :shock

I have confirmed this also, cannot change the main "F2" character interface back to the blue one at all. "Half" is right either from within game and re-loading a save game or by closing the game and re-starting it.

Hope this helps.
Captian Cook. :)

Back