• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Akella's Voyage Century Online

MoriEdan

Landlubber
The game VCO is akella's game as you know and nearly same with other akella's games files... But there is no tool to convert or edit these files (yeah I know if we edit these files it will be only client side) I tried diaz tools but I got lot's of errors and couldn't convert... Does any one a tool for it? or does anyone tried to edit these files and succeed? Please help and let me know how to do this!
Thank you in advance...

Ahoy MoriEdan, welcome aboard mate!

Technically, it is not Akellas game, but it is based on the Storm 2 engine. As far as I know, it has been several years since anyone tried to really convert anything, so I can't really be of much help there. You might have a look through THIS thread, there might be something in there that may help you. :shrug

You can use the vco locations.

Only thing are the walk files which have to be "converted" with a patch creator.
It should be here somewhere on the forum for download.

If the models are in GM format, you can use GM Viewer to view and convert them to OBJ format. From there you can import the files into a modelling program.
You can get GM Viewer here: http://piratesahoy.net/build/tools/Modeling+Texturing/

Please download it and see what you can figure out yourself, and then post here if you get stuck.

Thanks to everyone... I began to examine all posts belonging to each of you, If I catch any improvement will share in this forum...

Vco ship models can be used in aop coas and aop ct i already tryed but they need ti be edited in maya to get masts working becouse i get only hull showing in game no sails and masts becouse they are not connected to ships as are ships in coas or ct
Textures are easy to change and models of characters are like in potc bodys and heads are in separated folders i didnt try use em in potc but i tryed in coas and they working but walking animations need to be made becouse coas animations arent working well with vco models and vco animations arent compatible with aop games

We've got several VCO ship models in PotC, but they are pretty low-detail, so we removed quite a few again.
And we've got one VCO character model in PotC, I think. But that took quite some doing.

Back