• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy!

Braica

Landlubber
Ahoy there! I'm new here, so hello! :)

Okay, I played POTC a long time ago, and I also had the build mode for a short while. Now I have it again (found my old disc), and I installed the build mod. I noticed that, when I strafe (A or D), my character doesn't have an animation and I can clip through everything. I wanted to post this in the bug forum, but I received some errors and couldn't enter it.

I'm sorry if this is a well known bug, and if there are no fixes... I'll just have to deal with it. :)

Cheers!

Ahoy and welcome to the forum!

This has been known for some time, and is unfortunately one of those things we just have to live with.
There is no sidestep animation in PotC, since it wasn't part of the original game, hence your character simply glides along.
We have also failed to get the sidestep to work with collision detection, so indeed you can glide through anything.

The only advice we can give is to avoid using it next to solid objects, when possible. :shrug

About the Bug Tracker: the entire forum has just been upgraded (you're one of the first new members to see it!),
and apparently the Bug Tracker has not been correclty set up yet.
The site administrator is working on fixing it at the moment. :)

Thanks for the reply and welcome! :)

I guess I'll live with it, no biggie. Hopefully I won't be tempted to use it for unfair advantage. Is the "default" campaign in the build mod same as in the stock game?

Cheers!

The 'Tales of a Sea Hawk' storyline in Build 14 is pretty much the same as in the stock game, yes.
It contains many fixes, new ships, new sidequests and more, but the storyline itself is mostly unchanged.
You can now also continue the game after defeating the Black Pearl at the end of the main quest.

People who play the game and provide feedback/ bug reports are just as valuable as the modders themselves,
so I'm sure you'll be able to contribute one way or another. ;)

I sure will! I also unassigned the strafe keys, so that will help. :)

Hello there,

I find the sideghosting through objects useful, as the character often gets stuck or strangely teleported somewhere and this is the only way to get out of there, so maybe have the keys assigned somewhere else for Justin Case.

Back