• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding new goods?

muddymonkey77

The Irish Captain
Storm Modder
I remember that you could add new goods to the game, and I have done it in the past when I didn't have the build. The problem is I can't remember how to do it! Anyone out there remember how?

i know it's possible but dunno how off the top of my head. if i wanted to add new goods i would have a look at the slavery mod (which is in hellangel's "all" pack).

Do you mean goods you can buy as cargo in stores?

If so then I think that it's in the PROGRAMSTORE folder.
The goods.h file has got a list for the goods, so the second line
int GOODS_QUANTITY  = 27; // NK
Would have to be increased for the new goods and a new line added like this
#define GOOD_MUDDYMONKEY 27

The initGoods.c file holds data about the name, weight and cost.
In the RESOURCEINITEXTSENGLISH folder the GoodsDescribe.txt file is the description that is shown when in a store.

The only thing I'm unsure about is putting in the icon for the new goods and calling it up in the stores and cargo hold screens. I'll have to investigate further and see if I can work it out.

You will also need to change the GOODS_QUANTITY = XX line in reinit.c to reflect the new value.

Then you can reinit and the good will be in the array.

Problem is, it won't show up in stores since they don't "know" about it, so you'll have to do one more thing first: at the top of Reinit, after the int n,i,j line, add
start = true;

Save, load your game, reinit, save, quit, and remove that line. Then you're good to go.

Oh, yeah, picture. Open ResourceINIInterfacespictures.ini and scroll down to the goods list (find picture = Balls,128,256,256,384 )

and add an entry for your good, using the name you assigned in initGoods.c
Unless you want to add a picture, copy/paste an existing line in the goods pictures section and change the name.

Um. Adding a new ammo type would take some work. As you'd have to edit all the `ammo-handling` functions.

Muddymonkey: Good to hear it's working! :cheers
{What'd ya add?}

NK: I now know how to add new items. but how do I add new pictures? I've used a tx converter to convert the goods.tga.tx, but all the goods are one picture. I know that I could add something on to this but I am unsure how to make the picture appear on the store menu.

What you need to do is two things.
One, use a blank spot on the image to add your good, and two, then add an entry in pictures.ini as above, with the `upper-left` x,y coords and the lower right x,y coords in pixels.
I.e. if your new image starts at 768,768 and goes to 896,896, add
picture = MyGoodName,768,768,896,896
after the rest of the goods.

Oh, and make sure after changing the image you convert the tga back to Tx and overwrite. :cheers

And, if there _aren't_ any blank spots, change the image size, and edit the image description in pictures.ini to match.

Great! Btw NK to answer your question, I'm adding weapons for trade so you can be an arms dealer or Military supply ship if you would like.

Um, sorry to nitpick, but that'd be muskets not rifles.
(As rifled muskets didn't really start to replace smoothbores until circa 1850...)

For some strange reason the word "Muskets" Will not appear on the store screne. Any ideas why? I added the Slaves and Cannons with no problems.

Back