• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

adding goods

kaizerkat

Freebooter
how do you add ebony to the forest building you build instead of just planks? also do you have to start a new game or just hit F11

As far as I can see, it's going to be complicated.

First you need to edit "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c" and rewrite functions 'InitBLDexterior' and 'InitBLDinterior' to allow ebony as a requirement. Then you need to change all the building items to add in the required ebony - even those building which don't need ebony will need it added and set to 0, otherwise those functions won't work.

Then you need to edit "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Enc_Officer_dialog.c" and "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Enc_Officer_dialog.h" so that the officer whom you're ordering to do the building will tell you how much ebony is needed, then take it from your hold, the same way that the dialog currently does for planks and bricks.

And I'll need to check if the requirement for bricks is working...

i apologize i meant when i walk up to the character in the forest building i built and ask for the planks, i also want the building to produce ebony as an option.. is it the same method? and would i have to start a new game thanks

i looked at some old files and i remember now i edited the b_workshop.h file but i cannot find it in the b14 final files, where do u think it is?

You will find "b_workshop.h" in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH". (Or in "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SPANISH" or "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\RUSSIAN" if you have set the game to Spanish or Russian.)

But the workshop does not produce planks. You probably want "b_forest.h". And that already seems to include code for ebony.

Neither should be necessary. Changes to dialogs should take effect within the same game and without needing to reset anything. But first, try building a forest without changing "b_forest.h", and see if you can already produce ebony.

Update: I tried it. You don't need to change anything; if you build a forest, then go away for a few days and come back, the forester should offer you a choice of planks or ebony. Or he might tell you that either the lumberjacks or slaves are attacking, in which case you'll have to fight them.

But while I was looking into how to add ebony as a building requirement rather than a product, I found that there were problems with the building kit. It's supposed to require bricks for building things, but doesn't. So everything I'd suggested doing to add ebony as a building material, I had to do anyway to make bricks a building material. xD Have a look at this:
New Build

after i make the items and i go to the smuggling.c file to make the goods i want contraband, do i need to start a new game? i tried to put a couple of goods as contraband during game play and it did not show the changes in the game

Have you tried starting a new game? Try starting a FreePlay as a smuggler if you want to test contraband.

thanks for the reply, although my meaning was do i have to start a new game after i make the changes to the smuggling.c file. i made the changes but didnt see them change in the game, so either i did something wrong or i have to start a new game

My meaning was that if the changes have no effect in your current game, you should try starting a new game to see if they work there. And if you're trying to test changes to contraband and smuggling, the best way would be to start a new game as a smuggler.

Back