• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding Characters

Efei

Landlubber
Basically, I'd like to have a bunch of random characters added to the lower decks as some of them really shouldn't be empty at all times. For example, the cannon deck could do with some people walking around it during the day, looking as if they are working.

I figured that would be easy enough to do, but if also possible, it would be good to make it so that these characters also ran around on the cannon deck during a battle.

So, if someone could point me towards a tutorial that would help me do this, that would be great, as I've searched around the forums and haven't found anything useful. Or, if someone could explain to me how to do it, that would also be very helpful. Better yet, if someone actually did do this for me, that would be fantastic. ^_^

Also, it would be nice to see the old option to take a landing party next time you moor by talking to one of the crew members in the crew quarters, like in the POTC Build mod. =]
Dunno if that's been added yet in the COAS mod, but it was one of my favourite features.

Thanks.

The second part would require a lot of code, which no one is going to do for you :no

The first part you need to know the location name, locators and groups to do it :yes

The second part would require a lot of code, which no one is going to do for you :no

The first part you need to know the location name, locators and groups to do it :yes

Yup, and not to mention that when you change ship, the cabin, cargo hull and upper deck can change to. Meaning that all location will change.

Cheers, :cheers

Mm'kay, well let's just forget about the second part then. xD
I'll just say that's just a nice little suggestion for anyone who'd like that as well.

Location name(s) aren't really a problem... Everything else I'm gonna struggle with.

Thanks for the help.

Both are excellent suggestions, Efei. If you do want to help on things like this, you can reference the build mod as a way to see what might need to be done in CoAS. We are all more than willing to help, but many of our modders already have full plates and can't spare time to just switch jobs.

There is a good possibility that those mods you are requesting will eventually make it into CoAS anyhow, as the build team does intend to switch games when the current revision of Build has been finalized. But that can be anywhere from 6 months to a year from now.

Cap'n Drow

Back