• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A New Start

Hello, folks. I just found this site so quite a bit to go over. I played this game when it first came out and didn't realize it was on steam so I purchased it. Out of curiosity I decided to see if there were mods available and that brought me here. I suppose my question is, what mods do I download? I'd like to improve the graphics as much as can be done, I know there are limits on the age of the game. I recall not being able to finish quests and such, has that been fixed? The final question is where and how do I install the mods?

I've got the steam version and just fired it up. The first thing I noticed is that the game window is tiny. How do I increase the size of it? I don't see anything showing how to adjust the resolution for the game.

Welcome aboard @Cpt. Hippensteel! :cheers

Hello, folks. I just found this site so quite a bit to go over. I played this game when it first came out and didn't realize it was on steam so I purchased it. Out of curiosity I decided to see if there were mods available and that brought me here. I suppose my question is, what mods do I download? I'd like to improve the graphics as much as can be done, I know there are limits on the age of the game. I recall not being able to finish quests and such, has that been fixed? The final question is where and how do I install the mods?
I don't know how much you can improve the graphics, however you can take a look at the pinned threads on the TEHO subforum for mods.
Also @DevilAres has made this list: Notice - Mod list for TEHO 1.7.0 ENG
Which is more convenient.

As for installation, if you are running version 1.7.0 you will need the tehomod.
Guide - TEHO modding (tehomod and scripts are here)
Scroll down and you shall find it.
It is important to note that the Hookmod comes with it, so if you are going to use it you can skip this part.

After that you generally need to copy and paste the mod's files to your game installation folder.
Not sure if there are exceptions to this, but if there are I suppose it will be mentioned.

Version 1.7.3 doesn't need tehomod, but I don't think mods have been updated for it as this version is in beta.

I've got the steam version and just fired it up. The first thing I noticed is that the game window is tiny. How do I increase the size of it? I don't see anything showing how to adjust the resolution for the game.
Go to your installation folder and run "Config.exe". There you should be able to change the game's resolution, as well as texture quality if it isn't on high already.

Back