• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few Bugs with Beta Patch 6

Does everyone agree with just having the wind direction on ship decks? Or do you want it on shores/port too?

As for the date, where would and wouldn't you want it displayed?

i suppose. as long as you can see the wind direction out in port when on land. and as mentioned before, being able to see the date on land can be important in things such as tme-based missions. also, i like to know how long it'll take until nightfall, since the time is occasionally relevant on land as well.

Yep, be good if the date can pop up (and time) but hold the wind direction for port and deck locations :yes

Date: I think at every new reload to a location is too often.
Time: Is there any link to if you have a clock or not? If not that would be logical.
Wind direction/strenght: Max port, shores and decks.

A better way to limit these logs but still have them available would be if we could use a keyboard button to check all these infos at any time.
(depending on items such as compass, ev clock or so)
More the way you use a spyglass at sea.

I know the F9 turns varius logs off but unfortunately also the icons. Or an improved F9 button (or two) that just toggles logs on/off

It has never bothered me either. It isn't necessary to have them on all the time, but both time and date are useful to me on land.

why is this being discussed for removal, actually? it's never bothered me.

Agreed :yes

If you don't want the time to appear just release ( unequip ) the clock you have - time will disappear at next location change - & if you want to check the time - equip clock & time reappears at next location change.

:cheers

while i appreciate the agreement, i'd think constantly equipping and re-equipping the thing would be rather tedious. and this is also about the wind speed and direction appearing on briefly onscreen, but i've never been bothered by that either.

I suppose Jack Rackham doesn't like the excess of text cluttering the screen.
There already is a button [L] to toggle various logs on and off; maybe we can combine it with that?

The time only shows if you've got a clock, but the date always does.

My idea would be to have the date and time appear based on the [L] toggle button
and have the wind strength and direction show only in ports, shores and decks.

See attached. Time and Date display can be enabled/disabled on-the-fly with the [L] key.
The wind log is shown only in ports, on shores and on your own ship deck or at sea if you do not have a compass.
That should decrease the number of unnecessary logs quite nicely, don't you think?
Let me know if you've got any comments on this.

Please try this file and let me know if anything else needs to be done. I intend to include these files in the next Patch/Beta.

Good news :onya I'll check this out too and report back when I have internet next time.

Now to another thing: I have changed the conditions for a lot of items (mostly my own added questitems).
For example Onedown = true or swapitem = true for some questitems.

The problem occurs in the itemsbox interface: If you click the triangle arrows to scroll left/right all is ok.
But if you (to speed up left/right scroll) click the item picture itself my changes don't appear right at all for that item.

This a strange and (for me bad) thing that maybe no one else may notice.
I didn't have it in Build 13.
As it is now the best would be to disable 'picture clicking'?

preferably not. clicking scrolls 3 times faster, and fixing the general interface problem by pressing the scrolling arrows back and forth once is a relatively small effort compared to having to scroll through that huge pile of weapons by arrows. so yeah, it's not a problem only your items have, i think, but the general problem is a little different. transferring an item from one inventory to another is occasionally impossible if you went through your interface by clicking. like i said already, this can be fixed by using the arrows a little, but i suspect your problem is a different one.

Everything works just fine Pieter. :onya
Only thing is I don't get wind info in ports even if I got a compass. (but at shores and decks)

Does that count for ALL ports? I tested myself for a bit and I do get it in ports. Maybe there's some ports that don't have type "port" and therefore wouldn't work.

Back