• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug A couple of issues in the latest update.

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I am am playing the May 19 upgrade and I have noticed two issues. First in the quest to sink the pirate frigate off Martinique sometime you get Marauder and sometimes you get Fast Death. Whereas before it was always .

Second I am having a problem with a Dutch letter of marque. I get it and then lose it. I lose it when I attack English ships with which the Dutch are allied. That I understand. Yesterday, I got the letter of marque, took ah ship hunting quest from the governor to sink or capture a Spanish warship with wh0m the Dutch are at war. As soon as I attacked the ship I lost the LOM. Also when I reinstate after losing the LOM the Dutch governor does not reinstate my previous rank for past services rendered.

First in the quest to sink the pirate frigate off Martinique sometime you get Marauder and sometimes you get Fast Death. Whereas before it was always .
Is there a word missing there at the end...?

Second I am having a problem with a Dutch letter of marque. I get it and then lose it. I lose it when I attack English ships with which the Dutch are allied. That I understand. Yesterday, I got the letter of marque, took ah ship hunting quest from the governor to sink or capture a Spanish warship with wh0m the Dutch are at war. As soon as I attacked the ship I lost the LOM. Also when I reinstate after losing the LOM the Dutch governor does not reinstate my previous rank for past services rendered.
Do you have a compile.log file from that happening? A savegame, perhaps?
What does your Ship's Log say.
If I recall, if and when you lose a LoM, there should be an entry there with some details on what happened...

I am am playing the May 19 upgrade and I have noticed two issues. First in the quest to sink the pirate frigate off Martinique sometime you get Marauder and sometimes you get Fast Death. Whereas before it was always .
Which ship you get depends on which period you play:

Early Explorers or Spanish Main: Fluyt of War Sea Monster
Golden Age of Piracy: pirate frigate Marauder
Colonial Powers: pirate corvette Fast Death
Revolutions or Napoleonic: heavy patrol frigate Iceni Queen

Unless you change the year, FreePlay is in Golden Age of Piracy. Tales of a Sea Hawk and Hoist The Colours are in Colonial Powers.

Back