• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

“Age of Empires” for a New Era

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Holy Crap! :woot

“Age of Empires” for a New Era
With more than 20 million copies sold worldwide, the “Age of Empires” series redefined real-time strategy games for Windows-based PC players. Now, the timeless franchise once again invites players to experience its rich storyline in new ways. Developed by Robot Entertainment, “Age of Empires Online” will invite players to create a living, growing online world, shared with friends and friendly rivals around the globe. Begin the journey with your own Greek civilization, and watch as it progresses from a village to an empire. Embark on quests along the way, alone or with friends, and immerse yourself in epic tales, quirky characters, adventure, history, and strategy. Together with the Games for Windows – LIVE service, “Age of Empires Online” delivers a rich, social experience that lets you play however you want — anywhere, anytime.

Marrying fresh features with iconic gameplay, “Age of Empires Online” offers something for long-time fans, newcomers, and everyone in between. “Age of Empires Online” will feature:

* A persistent online capital city that lives and grows even when you’re offline
* Cooperative multiplayer quests, trading, and a level-based system that lets you progress at your own pace
* Fun, approachable style and storylines
* Free-to-play experiences via Games for Windows – LIVE

More information, news, and chances to join the beta program are available at http://www.ageofempiresonline.com.

Then reality set in and I got a look at the trailer... :rolleyes:

Original story here :
http://www.gamenewshq.com/news/598980

Uh well, seems like (another) one of favourite game franchises is going down the drain...nice :modding

My sentiments exactly Bava! When I first saw this I was ecstatic, Age of Empires defined the RTS, and I was chomping at the bit hoping this might redefine MMO's. I should have known better. Microsoft had actually been showing some signs of actual innovation lately, but once again they have proven that they are still Microsoft. That cartoonish interface is just pathetic. I would rather they had taken apart the old games and used the dated pixelated graphics than this cartoonish nightmare! It reminds me a lot of what 2K games did with Sid Meier's Railroads! Another franchise killer!

Judging from what I can see in the trailer, even IF there is some detailed genius strategy game buried in this mess, the graphics are far to distracting and annoying for me to take seriously. It's obvious no one from the original Ensemble design group was involved with this. Just another example of a cash cow being milked for all it is worth.

i think im going to die..... so sad

on another note however, the graphics look just like tf2, but it looks g*y in this game :facepalm

Gay as in standard Windows XP theme primary colours gay? :cheeky

I agree, that looks like another good series gone down the tubes. :yes

On another note.. :facepalm MMOS do suck. Blizzard killed Warcraft series with that bloody "World of Warcraft".. it's basically a waste of time and endless grind. :modding Now Age of Empires? FFS!!! :boom

Yes i agree, AoE was my favorite series since it came out.
But, i can guarantee that the original team was not happy, i mean really, taking the time to make special cheat soldiers in the game??!!
If you read about the progress you can see that they actually ENJOYED making the games, they werent just to makea quick buck!
Hopefully the team will still work on a future age of empires 4 :modding :modding :modding

:ixi
Fans Microsoft

:wp

Looks like they've totalled the Flight Simulator series as well, since they seem to be going arcade-only with the next one. :rolleyes:

Sweet mother of mercy! :facepalm

Game companies just can't hold themselves from greed can they?
Bethesda used to be a great company so did Westwood and others which don't come to my mind at minute. Blizzard at least managed to redeem themselves with that StarCraft II after that horrible Warcraft franchise screw up.

RIP-13110832483.jpg

They should have done the same thing id did to quake 3:
http://www.quakelive.com/#home

Not change the game play and throw in cartoony graphics.

Age of Empires 3 isn't bad, perhaps you were too used to AoE2.
Age of Emires Online is horrid, it's for kids and noobs. Yes I play AoE3 even now :p

Ok I watched (Sort of) that video again. That cartoony graphics is horrid! :shock

Somebody toss me a Flamer this heresy must be cleansed! :urgh xD:

Back