• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3 small modding questions

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Okay 1st I know I have asked this before but it was some time ago and no one had an answer

1. Is there anyway to make it so that I don't run in the first person while on the DECK of my ship[? (not talking about on land, that one I figured out all on my own :cheeky )

These are the new questions.

2. Is there any way to get rid of the HUD. (I don't want to know the wind direction unless I look at my flag, or know my cannons are loaded until my Bosun tells me)

3. IS there a way to adjust the passing time while in the first person POV either while on land or while at sea.

1. The build mod has it so if you hit the key "K" always run will be switched on/off so yes

2. The build mod has it so if you hit F9 the HUD disappears, not sure if this was added by us or default, but again this would be possible.

3. I dont understand what you mean by this :facepalm

1. The build mod has it so if you hit the key "K" always run will be switched on/off so yes

2. The build mod has it so if you hit F9 the HUD disappears, not sure if this was added by us or default, but again this would be possible.

3. I dont understand what you mean by this :facepalm

not sure what you mean by build mod.... I use Combined mod V3.1 CoAS and in there if I hit "F9" it mutes the sound of the ocean, (though all other sounds are still there) if I hit "K" it does nothing.

And again what I mean by always run is .......Not while on land...............But while in the first person on your ship........I'm tired of zooming from one end of the ship to the others in a split second. It wears me out :walkplank LOL!

On # 3 what i'm talking about is the passage of time such as how fast the in game minutes pass (I.E. Day and Night) while on land. I figured it out just fine while on sea.

1. Are you talking about 3D sailing mode here?

2. The Build Mod is the modpack we've been working at for PotC here for the past many years.
Indeed we do have F9 to hide the HUD, which is a feature that Maximus added.
Additionally, we've got equippable compass items and without a proper compass,
the full HUD will not be there and you can't see the wind direction and reload status.

1. Are you talking about 3D sailing mode here?

2. The Build Mod is the modpack we've been working at for PotC here for the past many years.
Indeed we do have F9 to hide the HUD, which is a feature that Maximus added.
Additionally, we've got equippable compass items and without a proper compass,
the full HUD will not be there and you can't see the wind direction and reload status.

1 Yea I mean the 3D sailing mode....,-)

2. Hmmm.... okay.... Well I am playing CoAS...., and this is the CoAS forum right? I'm very happy that the build mod for a completely different game has these ability's. Now what about this one?

So I guess I still have the same 3 questions...

1. Is there anyway to make it so that I don't run in the first person while on the DECK of my ship[? (not talking about on land, that one I figured out all on my own :cheeky )

2. Is there any way to get rid of the HUD. (I don't want to know the wind direction unless I look at my flag, or know my cannons are loaded until my Bosun tells me)

3. IS there a way to adjust the passing time while in the first person POV either while on land or while at sea.

PotC isn't a COMPLETELY different game. The code is VERY similar to CoAS.
So basically anything we managed to add in PotC can also be added to CoAS.

Hmmm well to me if I can't just dump one to the other... it's a different game, however I see what you are saying.

So does this just mean no to all 3 of my questions?

Hmmm well to me if I can't just dump one to the other... it's a different game, however I see what you are saying.

I'm sure there is. As stated above, PoTC and CoAS use the same basic engines, so it would just be a matter of figuring out what file and section of code determines your run speed on deck, then adjusting that.
I'm also quite sure you could add a toggle to turn on-deck running on and off while in-game.

Indeed there would, see my answer just above, modifying the end of the second sentence to indicate its an adjustment to code for the HUD.

And again, Yes. Again it would be determining where the code is that affects it and adjusting it.

Cap'n Drow

I'm sure there is. As stated above, PoTC and CoAS use the same basic engines, so it would just be a matter of figuring out what file and section of code determines your run speed on deck, then adjusting that.
I'm also quite sure you could add a toggle to turn on-deck running on and off while in-game.

Indeed there would, see my answer just above, modifying the end of the second sentence to indicate its an adjustment to code for the HUD.

And again, Yes. Again it would be determining where the code is that affects it and adjusting it.

Cap'n Drow
[/quote]

Well I guess I wasn't wanting so much to know if it could be done.... i know that anything is possible...., so what i am really asking is in what files and lines are these things located... I have been looking with no luck.... so I was hoping some one may know. BTW Cap'n I sent you a PM have you looked at it? it was sent well b4 you posted here.

Cap'n Drow

Well I guess I wasn't wanting so much to know if it could be done.... i know that anything is possible...., so what i am really asking is in what files and lines are these things located... I have been looking with no luck.... so I was hoping some one may know. BTW Cap'n I sent you a PM have you looked at it? it was sent well b4 you posted here.
[/quote]

Indeed I did. So far I've not been able to remember just what files I modded to change the smoke and flame settings on the cannons.

And I don't currently know where to make these other modifications just now. Officer Puppy or one of the other more active modders would have a better idea than I just this moment.

Sorry I'm not much better help to you right now.

Cap'n Drow

Back