• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Upgrading Cannons

Piratz

Landlubber
Hello everyone! Sorry if this was already posted...i did a search,but... This mod adds these cannon upgrades to ur ships at Bermuda 36 >> 42 , 42 >> 48.
Just extract and replace the original file.
Requires COAS + CMV3.2.0.
No need to start a new game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz88244vq9do732

Attachments

• upgCannons.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 65
:gday Just wanted to briefly point out that we deliberately left those out because of historical authenticity considerations. The existence of the 48 pounder is dubious and the 42 pounder only enjoyed a brief career in the age of sail at the very end of the 18th century when they were only mounted on the lower decks of the largest British naval vessels of the time. They were actually generally converted back to 32 pounders because of their better range, rate of fire and they were much easier to handle. The US Navy also adopted them early in the 19th century, but they were largely used for coastal defense.

The Dutch 36 pounder was the most commonly available large scale naval gun during the later half of the 17th century (COAS time setting).

Easily mounting and upgrading these giant 8,000 pound(1600kg) 15-20 foot/5 meter long behemoths at a 17th century Carribean shipyard during the age of sail would be like a modern yacht captain pulling into the local marina and asking the local maintenance shop to mount 16 inch battleship guns on his boat. :sail

If you're just trying to get the best performance numbers possible (cheat), then good on ya. It's just a game and should be fun. :onya However, we on the mod team have always really tried to bring realism and historical accuracy into the game environment as much as possible. That's the simple reason why we left this out. :yes

Smooth sailing Mates :cheeky

MK

Nice, I got it :yes .I thought it's just some kind of missing code, cuz ,actually, u're purchasing those upgrades getting nothing. :shrug:eek:k

Back