• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some questions and an idea

Emil

Powder Monkey
Hi mates,

I am not really new to tinkering around with most of the files in CoaS and CT, so at least I have some guess at what I am doing.
Now I am trying to get the 48lbs guns to the shipyard, after I finally have figured out how to mount them on the starting ship.
Awsome, a War-Tartane with big teeth....completely hidden behind the smoke.

Ok, now...I have two files containing the guns and I don`t know if I`m right about this: one is the initgoods (i think).
So, would I have to add them there and give them an icon (that of the 42`s) or are there more files I do not know about?
And where are the icons?

That is the idea, now another question: where can I get a working Beatrice-model with textures, no big mod just Bea?
Last one: I copied the emblemed sails from CT and everything worked fine(don`t care about symmetry) but I want black sails......so, where to get them?

Hoping for answers
greetings

Jolie

You might want to check my folder out because i have released some mods that are for the stock game. None of the mods are compatable with each other so you would have to do that. The cannon mod adds all the calibures we are using in CMV3.2, however you will not be able to mount 48Ibs cannons but if you install the vanilla cannon mod v1.2 and then this file to Program\DIALOGS\russian\Shipyard you will be able to upgrade ships with max calibure of 42Ibs to 48Ibs and mount 48Ibs cannons.

Now I am trying to get the 48lbs guns to the shipyard, after I finally have figured out how to mount them on the starting ship.
Awsome, a War-Tartane with big teeth....completely hidden behind the smoke.

ROTFLOL :rofl If you were lucky enough to mount just one of the 16-20 foot long 48 pounders weighing in at a mere 8000 pounds/4 tons (like three cars) on board a Tartane, she would either sink under the weight, or capsize when you shot the giant beast. :mi You could probably keep about 20 rounds on board. Any more than that and the water would come spilling over whatever freeboard you had remaining.

Not trying to rain on your parade mate. It's a game and you can do whatever you want to make it fun for you. I was thinking of making a tartane into a gondola for an air balloon. Then I could fly my little airship around and drop bombs down on the enemy and board via the rigging. However, we have been trying to make the Combined Mods as historical and realistic as we possibly can, so I have never pursued this. :d:

We deliberately got rid of the large guns in the Combined mods because they weren't historically accurate. 42 pounders were a short lived experiment lasting no more than 20 years towards the end of the 18th century. They were replaced by the 32 pounder, because it out performed the 42 both in terms of damage and range. We have even had debates of getting rid of all sizes but the smallest, because they would not have been available in Carribbean shipyards of the time. This would force the player to raid forts or larger ships to keep his own large vessels equipped with a supply of larger guns.

MK

The whole thing is just for fun and as this ship of Henry Morgan is equipped with the 48`s I just wanted to see how to get them.
And now that it works (halfway) why not have them for the Man-o-War?
Everyone can mount big guns on big ships, so I did the opposite (and why not?) as said just for the fun of it.

Greetings

Jolie

Back