• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screen glitches a little and then goes black...

CptAWatts

Landlubber
Hello, im new to the forums. Looks like quite a nice community that you have going on here... Not sure if this is where im supposed to ask this but im sure you can move it ;P . So I just installed the GOF2 mod the latest version. I downloaded the main mod and then the 1.4 V1 patch. Is that all I need or did I already miss somthing? So when I start a new game everything works ok, but when I go to load that game the loading screen glitches out and then goes black. The only way to exit is to alt-tab and then the engine crashes... Help?

Yes, everything worked well and even the old GOF1 before I tried the new mod... The only reason I stopped using the GOF 1 mod is because I could not board ships. Every ship I basically rammed into and the grapple icon never came up. If you know a fix for that, that would be awesome too... Also I installed the GOF 2 mod into the same game that the GOF 1 mod was located in, do they conflict?

It sounds like there is a conflict between GOF1 and GOF2.

As I remember it, the best way to avoid the boarding bug is to not talk to other Captains.

Ok, well I did a full reinstall and everything seems to be ok with the new mod. I still cant get my old saves to work though :/ . I guess old saves don't work on the new version...

Saves made with earlier GOF 2 games will not be save game compatible with the latest patch. Any save games made with any previous version of the GOF mod are not compatible with GOF 2.

Back