• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Stupid Seas

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
POTSS.png

Mates,

Usually Thagarr presents all the pirate game content, but tonight I just had to share. I spent the last hour and a half playing through all 25 levels of the Flash game "Pirates of the Stupid Seas".

Now I am not usually into simple games, but every now and then Flash games can be REALLY fun! I remember sharing some of the goofey turkey shoot games with friends over ten years ago. Around Halloween time I always enjoy killing Zombies in "All Hallows Eve".

Lets face it, web based Flash games are extremely addictive despite their simplicity. Pirates of the Stupid Seas is no different and is just all out Pirate fun. This game is nothing more than a cartoon of comedy. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is and it cleverly plays fun with the Pirate genre with some really intelligent jibes.

The treasures that you can capture in the game alone are just pure hilarity: a chest of smelly superballs, Dukakis for President buttons, Old pudding - just to name a few.

The game is a simple trajectory guessing side-scroller. The art is simple but attractive. The ships are fun to look at and some of them with super tall masts are just plain silly. Most of the time you simply shoot up the sails of your opponents ships to get them to surrender. You are equally as vulnerable if your sails are shot off. You can also lose by running out of cannon balls.

Beware the "harpies" which are nothing more than chickens that cut up your sails. They can be extremely annoying. You gain advantages with accuracy in shooting off treasures, enemy crewmen, cannons, and cannon-balls which go into your inventory when you hit them. You get more money, the more you are able to hit. You can then use this money to upgrade your ship at the pirate base with more sails, more guns, more crewmen, or more cannonballs.

So if a serious old history mavin like me can thoroughly enjoy this game, I imagine a few of you will too. So enjoy Pirates of the Stupid Seas - brought to you by Backburner Games at www.kongregate.com. The Kongregate site has all kinds of other fun Flash games as well to include more pirate games. http://www.kongregate.com/games/backburner/pirates-of-the-stupid-seas

Its actually available at lots of Flashgame sites too. Here is a link at armorgames: http://armorgames.com/play/13118/pirates-of-the-stupid-seas

So if you're looking for a temporary goofey escape that does not take itself seriously at all, then try this game. I love it!

MK

Back