• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

holy relic bug

SRACon17

Sailor Apprentice
when i start the nathaniel storyline, there's this hooded man in speightstown who offered me 2 holy relics, either a melee boosting relic or an hp boosting relic. accepting the relics have a disadvantage of not being able to save the game normally (quicksave works though). so i accepted the melee boosting relic, and my melee stats rose to around 9(i think) immediately. i think this relic must be removed, since it makes early land combat too easy. then on another island, i met the hooded man again and i took the health boosting relic. i think the health boost really worked since i can just not use block in fighting, just attack, without even losing half my hp. these relics are really overpowered. but that's not the bug.

now i'm around level 17 and i got tired of just using quicksave. having a frigate, lots of land and money, i want to save normally in case i encounter a serious bug, so i went to look for the hooded guy to return the relics to him. when i first got the relic at speightsown, the hooded guy told me to return the relic to another hooded guy at Bonaire in case i want to leave the archipelago. then when i got the second relic from another place(i forgot where), the hooded guy now told me to return the relic to the hooded guy at the causeway of Puerto Rico. now i want to save my game, so i went to Puerto Rico. when i found the hooded guy in Puerto Rico, he said the exact same thing, to return the relic at the hooded guy in Puerto Rico, but i'm already in Puerto Rico. so how can i get rid of these relics? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hmm. It sounds like you have kept them both for a very long time. I only use one or the other for a certain task and then get rid of it. Not sure what you can do now. Have you gone to Bonaire or Speightstown to return them?

have gone to speightsown, but not to bonaire. i'll try doing that though after finishing my current quest. hm, but what exactly are the use of those relics? i think it makes the character OP..

You have already discovered what those relics do, just not how to get rid of them. I save constantly, so they are no use to me.

Back