• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

E3 Roundup, and Other Stuff!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Once again, it has been a few slow news days, and that is unfortunate being as E3 just wrapped up last week, Yet again we are left with no new prospects of an Age of Sail game any time soon. The only thing pirate-wise with really any potential that I saw was Uncharted 4 by Naughty Dog. That however is a Playstation 4 only title, and it is set in modern times. From everything I have been able to gather about the game it is at least partially set in Madagascar, a great choice and a very under used piracy setting!!

There is another version of the trailer on Naughty Dogs web page with a much higher resolution and frame rate, but you better have a beefy computer to watch it! Unfortunately, like it's predecessors, it is also set in modern times. The Uncharted fans over on Reddit have uncovered some interesting secrets buried in the trailer, such as the phrase hidden on the gibbet at the very end that says "for we receive the due reward of our deeds." Which is a quote from the Bible, Luke 23:41, one of the thieves crucified with Jesus is tells the other thief that they both deserve their punishment but Jesus is innocent and does not.

According to another post, there are also hidden references to a real pirate captain, Henry Every, with the phrase "every betrayed us all." There is also a reference from the narrator who "said you left me buried in the dirt" which may refer to sailor Robert Dury who was shipwrecked on Madagascar for 15 years.

In other news, if you happen to be in Bordeaux, France on June 20'th, you can watch the arrival of the 28'th and final gun for L' Heromine. There will also be quite a big ceremony, which will include the air will be filled with sea shanties and dancing with the School of Music and Dance, and The Pibalous, folk dances with Échardrits, and a the Amadeus Dance Company. There will also be a theatre troup preforming, if I got the Google translation even close to correct! You can find the original article HERE!

There are also a couple of other places you can see tallships this weekend in the US, one is in Monterey Bay
, where the "Irving Johnson" is docked at Fisherman's Wharf. It will be in Monterey through next weekend and open to the public tomorrow. Also up in Kittery, Main, there is a couple of replica's of Columbus' ships the Nina and the Pinta. The two ships are currently docked at Badgers Island Marina

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 24
That trailer doesn't take that much computer but it does take a great connection. I have seen 3.4ghz downloads on mine and it stopped twice.

Uncharted is an excellent series, mostly based on themes of adventure and lost treasure.
Nathan Drake is the main character, a fictional descendent of Sir Francis Drake, and I like to think of him as a kind of modern Indiana Jones.
The games are known for compelling stories, characters and fun gameplay, and I greatly enjoyed the third instalment on PS3 (didn't play the first two).
There's adventure, action, puzzles, history and loads more. Don't let the modern-day setting put you off! ;)

Naughty Dog is widely regarded as Sony's best first party developer, and one of the best in the world, so Uncharted 4 is bound to be something pretty special.

Other than that, I agree it was a pretty poor showing for pirate fans this year. Assassin's Creed has moved over to Paris in the French Revolution, so no more pirates for that (but still a great period of history to experience).

It's unfortunate that Uncharted 4 is a PS 4 only title, I am intrigued by the story, and I do remember hearing some good things about the last one. I gave up on consoles long ago though. The last one I had was a PS 2, I must admit there were some pretty good games for it, Ratchet and Clank kicked much butt!

The French revolution is certainly an interesting time period! I am curious to know if the game that the people behind L' Hermione are talking about will follow Lafayette through the French revolution, that could lead to dramatic story lines. I have a feeling though they will probably stop after the American Revolution which is unfortunate, there is a whole lot more of his story to tell!!

Back