• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cursed Black Pearl

SRACon17

Sailor Apprentice
I've just recently repainted the Black Pearl in the shipyard to a "Cursed Fast Galleon". Then when i sail out to sea, the hull hp continuously goes down until i sink. why is this so?

Repainting ships with differing stats always seems to be problematic, and the Pearl versions are all quite different, so we should probably disable repaints for the Pearl in the next update.

thanks i'll try that, though i don't really want to 'cheat'. uhm, what's the difference between the 'before-curse' pearl and 'after-curse' pearl?

repainting seems to be problematic in general. i just accidentally repainted my heavy frigate as the black pearl and i can't change it back. here's how it happened. i captured the black pearl from the main quest and made it my flagship. then after some looting and pillaging, i went to some shipyard for repairs. i first repaired the pearl, then my heavy frigate. then i clicked the "appearance" tab. the re-paint options displayed were for the black pearl but the actual ship selected was the frigate. i chose one black pearl model and it permanently became that ship's model. i quicksaved right after talking to the shipyard owner (i didn't have other saves) so i can't revert my frigate's model (but it still has 42 guns, as opposed to the pearl's 36). i didn't like the idea of having two black pearls and i became frustrated so i just sold the frigate lol.

Very well; I'm removing the cursed Black Pearl from the Pearl's repaint options.

I think there are some bugs with repainting companion ships; I'd recommend not doing that.

The Uncursed Black Pearl has a quite clean texture with whole black sails and is supposed to the the ship BEFORE the Curse of the Cortez took effect
The Cursed Black Pearl is a quite dirty version with torn sails and supernatural powers (skeleton crew at night, trailing fog and running out the sweeps for a temporary speed burst)
The regular Black Pearl is the Dead Man's Chest version with patched sails

Back