• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't go back to my ship

Huskie

Landlubber
Started as Nathaniel Hawk, fooled around Barbados' dungeons and caves, then bought me a new ship at shipyard that apparently replaced my old one.
Now when I go to the docks, it won't let me go back to my ship. I press F3 or use button when the little icon with the boat at the pier to go back to my ship, but nothing happens. Crew morale is ok, I have food, rum and enough crew to man the ship.

Saw some berthing/launching thing on F2 menu, but couldn't figure anything out from there either.

So... what gives?

Saw some berthing/launching thing on F2 menu, but couldn't figure anything out from there either.

berthing/launching - this is when you leave a ship at the shipyard and come back to collect it later -- Can only be used if you have more than 1 ship ( your own ) in your fleet. Enables you to leave up to 4 ( i think ) ships at any shipyard. Each must have a captain.

....... it won't let me go back to my ship. I press F3 or use button when the little icon with the boat at the pier to go back to my ship, but nothing happens. Crew morale is ok, I have food, rum and enough crew to man the ship.

Have you tried using the fast travel option ( bottom left of screen - ship picture ) should take you to your ship deck -- if that does not work then looks like something is broken. :shock If you tried to use the Ship Berthing in the shipyard - that might have caused the problem.

Can you enable error logging -- see this post on how to ---- > http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879. # 5

Then post the log files ( error - system - compile ) from Pirates of the Caribbean folder here as attachments.

:cheers

Actually, you CAN berth your own ship when you've got only one. You'll be stuck on land afterwards.

Actually, you CAN berth your own ship when you've got only one. You'll be stuck on land afterwards.

wow I didn't know that :woot Must try it some time

EDIT : tried it -- Have to lay up ship if you don't have officer to make captain - loose all crew-- supplies & sails -- on F2 screen ship button changes to Berthed Ship.

:keith

Whilst on this subject, I noticed a similar problem on the Sparrow storyline.

After speaking to the guy in the bar at the start, I decided to restart and sell the ship first as I gathered I'd receive a new one regardless, so it was an easy 14k of credits. However, after doing so and speaking to that guy, thus becoming the Sparrow character, I could not access the Cutter. It was showing under the ship tab and had a full complement of crew, but it was not available at either the port or on quick move, in fact there was not even a row-boat at the port. If I remember rightly, there was a button to go to sea when entering the water at the port, but it did not do anything, but at no time was there a ship button. At the time I didn't think to try to fix it by purchasing a new ship, although I wouldn't be surprised if it had sufficed.

Whilst on this subject, I noticed a similar problem on the Sparrow storyline.

After speaking to the guy in the bar at the start, I decided to restart and sell the ship first as I gathered I'd receive a new one regardless, so it was an easy 14k of credits. However, after doing so and speaking to that guy, thus becoming the Sparrow character, I could not access the Cutter. It was showing under the ship tab and had a full complement of crew, but it was not available at either the port or on quick move, in fact there was not even a row-boat at the port. If I remember rightly, there was a button to go to sea when entering the water at the port, but it did not do anything, but at no time was there a ship button. At the time I didn't think to try to fix it by purchasing a new ship, although I wouldn't be surprised if it had sufficed.

I think that because there is an automatic change of your ship - when you change from Guy Verbinski to Jack Sparrow at the beginning of the story -- if you change ( sell ) the ship Verbinski has it will cause the quest to break.

See # 4 in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352881

:sail

I see. I wonder if it would be worthwhile locking the shipyard until the player changes to Sparrow so that people don't make this mistake.

Players should just do what the dialog says and go to the tavern! :whipa

I see. I wonder if it would be worthwhile locking the shipyard until the player changes to Sparrow so that people don't make this mistake.

Or make the start time later - after 22.00hrs so you can only go to the tavern ( current start time is 20.00 hrs )

:shrug

Good idea, that! :onya

I recall choosing the starting time to get a nice sunset in the background though...

Back