• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Alt-Tabbing

SRACon17

Sailor Apprentice
uhm, is there a way to keep the game running in the background when i Alt-Tab from the game? this so i can do other stuff while sailing in direct sail. :D

Did you already open engine.ini and set fullscreen = 0 and screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution?
That is the best that can be done. It will still pause the game when you Alt+Tab out of it though.
You can still read a book or something, but not do anything on the computer if you want the time to progress.
If time is going too slow, you can use time compression.

Bump. I think it would be really nice if we could have a switch that allows us to have the game running even when we're alt-tabbed.

And why? What would that accomplish? What would happen if a log appears in front of the ship while you are away, or an enemy squadron shows up and you never see them?

Well, you would still have the sounds (and shouts). I also suggested that the direct sail logs (yes, I know you meant a wooden log ^^) be written somewhere. I think of it like the captain being below deck or the like...

I ask the question again: How? Since it is impossible, any discussion on it is completely beside the point.

just a quick question and I'm to lazy to search for it myself. If you go on deck while being on sea will the ship keep moving? And what about if you go in the cabin etc. Haven't tested this yet but I assume someone knows

Nope, the 3D sea scene is paused as long as you are walking around on deck in character mode.

I'm sorry, Pieter, I don't know how to mod this game. All I said is that it would be pretty convenient if one could have the game running in the background while doing other work on the PC. I have no idea how it could be done, apparently (what you said) it can't be done, so I won't ask for it again.

Back