• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

YOUR CHARACTER AND SHIP

Dunno if this is the right place to post this but we'll see!

With the new update I'm starting a new game. I wanna use the Ciri skin but I'm also a little bit (very) gay and want Danielle as a companion instead of Nathaniel (I'm in the Sea Hawk questline, find it more fun that just freeplay), so I start as Nathaniel then I find a female skin, cool, but I can't seem to get the Ciri skin to spawn as an option in the tailors at all. Is it anywhere special or do I need to do something?

I am not sure, but maybe Ciri is contained in the famous pirate outfits pack?

Nope, a lot of famous faces in there but not Ciri's!

EDIT: An hour after I made this post I got it! It is just 'dropped' from standard tailor wares, I guess I just got really unlucky :c

Last edited:
Good to know!
If you are interested, Geralt is also in there somewhere. Just in case you want the full father-daughter team. ;)

I am not sure, but maybe Ciri is contained in the famous pirate outfits pack?
No, the famous pirate outfits pack was created long before Ciri was introduced.

You can change what is in the pirate outfits pack by editing "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\tailor_dialog.c". Find case "El_Rapido_Clothes". This includes a lot of 'GiveModel2Player' lines. Add or remove outfits to suit yourself.

You've set Geralt to PERSONAL_NATION, which means his outfit won't be available for sale unless you capture a colony with a tailor's shop for yourself. Geralt can be chosen as your character at the start of a FreePlay game, though.

I'm in the Sea Hawk questline, find it more fun that just freeplay
Have you played other stories yet? This sounds a bit like the decision is only between "Sea Hawk" and "Free play", the two I've actually played the least probably (in the mod).

Have you played other stories yet? This sounds a bit like the decision is only between "Sea Hawk" and "Free play", the two I've actually played the least probably (in the mod).

Not yet! Though I will do once I finally manage to finish the Sea Hawk questline for the first time in, oh... 10 years?

How come ou never finished it? :eek:

I only recently reinstalled the game and I'm on my third playthrough right now. First one was stuck with a glitch right at the end on Cozumel, I made a post about it and Roger was so impressed at how badly I managed to break it.

So I started another game, got about halfway through before the July update dropped, so I installed that and started again.

This is my third playthrough and I'm just getting to Cozumel again, trying the fight with Silehard over and over again so I can recruit the pirate leader but I keep accidentally sinking him or killing him. Wish there was a reliable way to make them surrender :/

If his ship surrenders, he'll either surrender as well or duel you, depending on your skills, abilities and ship size.

First the game compares the total of your "Leadership" and "Melee" skills to his; if his total is higher, he'll fight. If you win on skills then it goes to abilities; if he has "Professional Swordsman" and "Iron Will", and you do not, then he'll fight. Officer contributions don't count here, you're the one facing him so it's your personal skills and abilities which count.

Overriding that is ship tier. If your ship is at least two tiers bigger than his then he'll always surrender; if his ship is at least two tiers bigger than yours then he'll always fight. The pirate leader, Isenbrandt Jurcksen, is in a corsair frigate, which is tier 4. So if you don't have high enough skills or don't have the abilities, be in something tier 2 or bigger.

If his ship surrenders, he'll either surrender as well or duel you, depending on your skills, abilities and ship size.

First the game compares the total of your "Leadership" and "Melee" skills to his; if his total is higher, he'll fight. If you win on skills then it goes to abilities; if he has "Professional Swordsman" and "Iron Will", and you do not, then he'll fight. Officer contributions don't count here, you're the one facing him so it's your personal skills and abilities which count.

Overriding that is ship tier. If your ship is at least two tiers bigger than his then he'll always surrender; if his ship is at least two tiers bigger than yours then he'll always fight. The pirate leader, Isenbrandt Jurcksen, is in a corsair frigate, which is tier 4. So if you don't have high enough skills or don't have the abilities, be in something tier 2 or bigger.

I have a T2 so that's not an issue. The problem is getting his ship to surrender. Trying to balance between chainshot to slow him down and grapeshot to demoralise the crew without sinking the whole ship is what's being a pain in the ass right now

@Maria47 ah, I misread, you meant you finish it the first time in ten years, not the first time in general.

Well then you're actually ahead of me, I haven't even started the Sea Hawk story in PotCNH yet. But I've played it countless times in the stock game of course.

I have a T2 so that's not an issue. The problem is getting his ship to surrender. Trying to balance between chainshot to slow him down and grapeshot to demoralise the crew without sinking the whole ship is what's being a pain in the ass right now
Fair enough - what made me think that you were having trouble after the ship surrendered was when you said "but I keep accidentally sinking him or killing him".

Chainshot and grapeshot shouldn't do much damage to the target's hull. Aim high when using chainshot - auto-aim should do that anyway but doesn't always aim high enough. Look at the frigate with your spyglass to check its sail damage and crew morale - if the morale is down to "Treacherous", you don't need to waste any more grapeshot, and if the sail damage is high enough or you've knocked a couple of masts down, you can stop firing chainshot. And if you have any companion ships, especially if you captured Silehard's flagship and put an officer onto it, tell them to heave to, otherwise they're liable to continue attacking and they won't be using chainshot or grapeshot...

Back