• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

www.bluehorizongame.com

Yes i do need to a cleanup. The built project is about 3Gig. Too much old stuff I didn't use no doubt. Unity automatically importing materials/textures on FBXs has something to do with it, and then I don't delete them just don't use them as of course its better to share as many materials as possible.
A folder size view in Unity would be good! Instead of just a folder icon, the size of the contents in Mb would be nice ay!
I use Build Report Tool to see where I am at on sizes. It will show you used and unused asset sizes and show you where you can trim down on textures and materials.

Ahoy Capt' Phil, welcome aboard mate! Glad to see another pirate game on the horizon! I don't have a lot of free time at the moment, but I will see if I can get a front page article up sometime this weekend. What time frame are you looking to release in mate?

You can run that front page article if you like now :)

@Thagarr offered to do that over a year ago, so he might be busy at the moment. If you want us to cover your game on the front page, it would be helpful if you could provide some materials to use (e.g. screenshots, videos and detailed descriptions of the game and its mechanics). Do you have any playable demos planned?

Trailer! I don't have time to look at it in full, but I checked it a bit and it certainly looks impressive. :onya

My apologies mate, as Armada said, I have been pretty busy the past few months and haven't had much free time for anything. I did Tweet the trailer that you posted above though. If you do wish to post a detailed article, please create a new thread for it, and we can promote it to the front page.

What happened to the game on Greenlight?
Cant find it anymore and get an message that there is either a error, or the game has been removed

Did you run into problems or is steam acting up?

Please see message in main thread about that.
When it comes to Greenlight - I think the 2 weeks will make or break it! Not enough traffic means you need loads of external PR from major websites.
So its more beneficial to relaunch with it more polished and eye catching logo (mine was a bit dull in terms of eye candy) Or go directly to Steam via a publishing company - which I am currently in conversation with.

Despite the slight setback, I have been furiously working on it of course. Numerous new things going in, alot of new animals too, building insides, UI updates, and I have alot of new ideas too.

Despite the slight setback, I have been furiously working on it of course. Numerous new things going in, alot of new animals too, building insides, UI updates, and I have alot of new ideas too.
That's the spirit! :cheers

So when I have either made new campaign media or linked up with a Publisher, I hope some nice chaps will put it on the front page or facebook again. :doff

Back