• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

www.bluehorizongame.com

Just a low res one. Its done in Illustrator so its vector, so I can scale it up for the title screen (and branding logo ect). I pondering what else goes on there, I have done lots of variants, none of which I am convinced of! Don't want it to simple or it looks a bit amateurish, and too busy looks tacky and overdone! A subtle blend of information, beauty and enticement to click Play! (Or Continue of course)
You're welcome to post some variations here and ask for feedback. :doff

If you need them, these are the PiratesAhoy! Logo files that @Armada made:

PA! logo (400px wide)
PA_logo_400px.png

Light logo (400px wide)
PA_logo_400px_light.png

Full size (900px) logo
PA_logo_large.png

Full size (900px) light logo
PA_logo_large_light.png

I actually think, the most difficult bit of making a game - informing 'the internet' of its existence!
Probably.

You're welcome to make use of the various promotional profiles that we've got (see my signature).
We don't make as much use of it as I'd like to, because we can either develop OR promote, but generally not both at the same time unless you've got separate people for it.
But we do have a fair few interested followers, so posting there gives at least more exposure than starting from scratch.

Thats great thanks.
I'm going to purchase a domain tonight. Get my designer (wife) to finish the logo and start making the video clips. The recent effort has made it about 90% complete.

Hey again!

I am sorry for being slow here, but I guess you can simply have a look at the "Life is Feudal" soundtrack pluss some other stuff I have done. And if you find it interesting, we can always continue our discussion in private towards a deal that we both can live with :doff

"Life is Feudal soundtrack"
Life is Feudal Official Soundtrack! by Flannery | PiratesAhoy!

Some of the music I am working on for Hearts of Oak:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/flannerys-music.20898/

Can also link some of the more modern music I have done (as an artist/singer/songwriter)

- Runaway (from my 2002 album)
- On your own

Thanks for the heads up, Pieter. I completely forgot it was in the HoO forums :)
I will send you some other links to them then @Capt. Phil ;)

Certainly these are amazing gaming sound tracks you have made here.

An Updated on Progress:

The Royal Navy have arrived! (The game is set in 1668 so its not Navy Royal ;-)
The have a 1 fort (maybe more), soldiers, a moody Commodore, and a burning desire to rid the seas of Pirates! Maybe the player can help them..

The first few things I tried didn't work, cant edit the colliders using the button (the green handles don't appear).. and the Terrain.. wow totally broken, first it didnt even let me edit it, then the paint brush wouldn't change! Came up with some strange errors at the bottom.. I gave up after a while - they always do this! 5.0 was a complete mess too. 5.1 used to hang for 5-10minutes if u clicked on something! Agghhhh (Walk the plank unity bugs)! Its all about finding a Stable version and sticking with it. (If it ain't broke don't fix it!)

I have been trying it out once in a while in the beta stages. I haven't converted any projects over just to not spent the time messing around. With Unity updates I tend to stay away from them until they get to the X.X.1+ iteration and even then only after reading a few reviews from some of the trusted people on their forums. 5.4 is a MASSIVE performance boost, but it comes at the cost of some pretty core changes which affect each project and asset differently. I won't be converting a copy of ToW over for some time yet just so I can make some progress instead of chasing engine bugs. 5.3.6p1 is working ok for us at this time so there isn't much need.

I will make one recommendation if you want to keep playing with 5.4, though. When updating a project to the newer engine I always make a new local copy and change the branch I am working on it in source control. Clear out every path but the ProjectSettings and Assets. If you leave Library or Temp folders it just causes all sorts of odd issues, even with a full Reimport.

I would like the performance boost, but yes its all the bridges to cross to get there, it could break all kinds of things, shaders, code, assets you name it.
Reimport all.. my worst nightmare.. my project folder is about 25Gig.. the next version maybe out by the time it completes..

I would like the performance boost, but yes its all the bridges to cross to get there, it could break all kinds of things, shaders, code, assets you name it.
Reimport all.. my worst nightmare.. my project folder is about 25Gig.. the next version maybe out by the time it completes..
25?!?!?! Holy mother of God..... If my assets folder gets about 3 I start to get twitchy and have to do a cleanup. I highly recommend clearing up the project path as that really might be some of the issue with doing updates. Get any source material out of the project folder like model sources, textures, PSD's, etc. I think even with everything in HoO my largest project size was around 6 and that was with a massive amount of waste in it. After spending a couple days doing cleanup I had it back down to around 2.5 and probably could have lowered it some more if I had been a bit more aggressive.

Yes i do need to a cleanup. The built project is about 3Gig. Too much old stuff I didn't use no doubt. Unity automatically importing materials/textures on FBXs has something to do with it, and then I don't delete them just don't use them as of course its better to share as many materials as possible.
A folder size view in Unity would be good! Instead of just a folder icon, the size of the contents in Mb would be nice ay!

Back