• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug World map freezes

Tiger_Jayman

Landlubber
Hello everyone !

I have downloaded Build mod 13 recently and everything seems to work fine until I go to world map. When I leave oxbay for the first time at the beginning of the story, the game freezes at the moment I enter world map screen. Any idea how to fix it ?

The game is installed in the C: folder although I now know it sometimes causes problems, but I didnt know at the time.

Ahoy @Tiger_Jayman, maybe your computer doesn't like the video files?
Try removing those from the 'RESOURCE' folder and see what happens.

Doesn't work.

The original game has always worked well with my current Win10 PC. I've been playing this game for about one year now on this computer and haven't had any particular problem. I don't think video files are involved.
However, I noticed something strange with the RunMe.bat from Build mod. When I run it, there are some files it cannot find. Here's a picture of what it looks like (it is in french because I have french version of the game)

It says "Impossible to find C:Games/PROGRAMS/DIALOGS/*.h"
"Impossible to find C:Games/RESOURCE/INI/TEXTS/common.ini"

Doesn't seem to be related to the bug, but I'll put it here anyways

Attachments

• DSC_0453[1].JPG
    DSC_0453[1].JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 295
Truth be told, I don't remember a lot about Build 13.
The Build 14 version linked to in my signature is far more familiar...

Where did you get Build 13? If you're running "RunMe.bat" yourself then something is wrong. I believe there should be an installer which you're supposed to run, and the installer should run "RunMe.bat" as part of the process. If you have only downloaded an update rather than the full version then a lot of files will be missing, which would explain all the errors about missing files.

Where did you get Build 13? If you're running "RunMe.bat" yourself then something is wrong. I believe there should be an installer which you're supposed to run, and the installer should run "RunMe.bat" as part of the process.
Was that the case already for Build 13?
That installer was still one of my more primitive versions...

Where did you get Build 13? If you're running "RunMe.bat" yourself then something is wrong. I believe there should be an installer which you're supposed to run, and the installer should run "RunMe.bat" as part of the process. If you have only downloaded an update rather than the full version then a lot of files will be missing, which would explain all the errors about missing files.

Nope the RunMe.bat ran itself, I didnt have to launch it. I got the build13 here: PotC Build 13 Final file

Mmm doesn't work yet but I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly. I installed the update in my game folder just as said in the description which pastes all the new files into it and replaces the old ones. Is it all I have to do or is there anything else like running a command file ?
If it indeed overwrote existing files, that should be all...

All I remember about Build 13 is that it ran pretty well. I remember the runme.bat was tricky, but not how so.

I can't remember for certain now - was it Build 13 or early versions of Build 14 in which the world map was liable to crash if you had a full cargo hold at midnight?

I remember that bug! I want to say it was build 14. Build 13 was finished when I showed up.

Build 13 Final had that bug; that's what the Update 4 on ModDB was for.
It was also in early Build 14 versions as we discovered and fixed it quite a long time after the initial Build 13 release.

The Update 4 was a courtesy to those people who wanted to stick with the earlier mod version.
At the time, that made a lot of sense as Build 14 wasn't stable and playable until many years later.

Back