• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Windward

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I missed this a few days ago, and I was never able to find a press release about it on any of the main sites I look at, Tasharen Entertainment is developing a browser based 3D sailing game based on the Unity 3D engine. I haven't been able to find out a whole lot so far, but they plan on it being basically a multiplayer deathmatch version of Sid Meier's Pirates! I have no idea if this is going to end up with a stand alone PC release, but I would bet money the final version ends up on a smart phone, that's where a lot of Unity 3D games end up. They eventually plan on adding a lot more towns and possibly a dynamic economy, but they do have a fully playable Alpha demo available on their web page.

Attachments

• pa-logo.png
    pa-logo.png
    11 KB · Views: 28
Good find Thag, sad they are not making a better Pirates! with it instead of a deathmatch game though :(

Thanks mate! Yeah, it would be nice if it were fleshed out fully instead of just deathmatch, but ya gotta start somewhere. I am hoping to see a lot more added in the futures, but he is off to a great start. I'll be keeping an eye on their forums.

Back