• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Windows "Compatibility Mode" disables ENB

Lemur

Landlubber
The game always runs like on screenshot 1111111.jpg
With any resolution and FS on/off settings, not depending on ENB
Win 10x64, GeForce 760GTX 2Gb
How can I fix it?

Solution:
Solved Win10 no fullscreen issue. Icon Properties -> Shortcut -> Maximized. Now fullscreen is ok without Compatibility Mode and ENB works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried editing "engine.ini"? The relevant lines are:
Code:
full_screen = 1           ; 1 = Fullscreen mode, 0 - Windowed mode
screen_x = 1024
screen_y = 768
If setting "full_screen" to 1 does not work, try changing "screen_x" and "screen_y" to match your full screen resolution.

Nothing works :(
With any compatibility on there is no ENB, without it ENB is ok but the game looks like on screenshot. Changes in engine.ini, enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini don't help.

I just tested myself and indeed you are right.
Compatibility mode helps with the 'halfway outside the screen' issue, but also disables ENB.

Very odd.
I wonder if this is a Windows 10 thing; or some sort of recent update.
Pretty sure on Windows 7 a few years back, I could run on compatibility mode and EN worked just fine. o_O

I don't think there is anything we can do to fix this.
My suspicion is that it is a problem between Windows and the game engine; neither of which we have access to.
Unless @ChezJfrey can come up with some magic?

As it is, I propose to mark this as known "Engine Limitation".

Original PoTC (tested both english Bethesda and russian 1C versions) have no screen issue without compatibility mode. It's in NH only. :(
Tried replace config.exe, engine.exe and dll with original files - no result.

I just tested myself and indeed you are right.
Compatibility mode helps with the 'halfway outside the screen' issue, but also disables ENB.

Very odd.
I wonder if this is a Windows 10 thing; or some sort of recent update.
Pretty sure on Windows 7 a few years back, I could run on compatibility mode and EN worked just fine. o_O
Seems this must have been the reason that ENB didn't work for me back when I tried it.
Mystery solved then.

Solved Win10 no fullscreen issue. Icon Properties -> Shortcut -> Maximized. Now fullscreen is ok without Compatibility Mode and ENB works fine.
Hey, good find!
I never noticed that option was there, but indeed I tried it just now and it seems to work fine. :cheers

I first moved it to the bug archive, but this seemed like a better location to me in the end.

I also pinned it.
Can someone please edit post #1 to include the solution? Thanks.

Okay, this is going to sound weird but how can I tell if the ENB is working again? xD Lol -sorry been away for awhile :p
This is how my game currently looks like. seadogs2_0000.jpg Is my ENB working? :unsure
Another thought. This looks suspiciously familiar to another report:
Window issues

@Lemur: edit "engine.ini". If you find this line:
Code:
postprocess = 1
... delete it. Then run the game again and see if it helps.
I did this and I really couldn't tell the difference. xD

Back