• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Widescreen Improved Spyglasses (POTC Build Version)

TheBlackKnight

Corsaire Flibustier
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
All,

This is a graphic overhaul mod for POTC Build Mod 14 Beta 3.

It replaces all spyglasses views into high resolution and corrects the aspect ratio for widescreen resolutions.
This is similar for I did for CoAS (Vanilla, GOF, GOF Eras)
A couple of the views are slightly different for the POTC Build Mod, so I matched them.

All FIVE spyglass textures have been added to my PA Downloads - CoAS Mod Dropbox.
The folder is Widescreen Spyglass Mod v1.1 (All), sub-folder POTC Build Mod Version.

These are the file names:
Eye_BadTub.tga.tx
Eye_BestTub.tga.tx
Eye_commonTub.tga.tx
Eye_GoodTub.tga.tx
Telescope.tga.tx

Download size for all five texture files is 106 MB (~22 MB each)
Replace the files under resources/textures folders.
No new game is required.

Cheers!

Do you have a link to your DropBox somewhere? And perhaps a screenshot of what this looks like?
What aspect ratio are these for?

I'm DEFINITELY going to have to add this to the next Build update! :cheers

Do you have a link to your DropBox somewhere? And perhaps a screenshot of what this looks like?
What aspect ratio are these for?

I'm DEFINITELY going to have to add this to the next Build update! :cheers

The photos I uploaded are in the dropbox as well for the original versions, which use the same aspect ratio as the CoAS version. The aspect ratio is 16:9/16:10.

I may be being stupid here, but I haven't yet been able to find your DropBox. :facepalm

TDKs Dropbox is located in the Download section at the top of the forum. :doff

Here are two screenies I took at night, so it is hard to see, but this is a big improvement over the oval spyglass POTC had. This is with the superior spyglass.
beta3 2014-02-27 19-31-44-97.jpg beta3 2014-02-27 19-32-07-38.jpg

This looks great! :thumbs1 I really need to get a working install of New Horizons again...

I hope my intel card with the fix can manage this.
I really need to get a new laptop to lessen graphics issues.:modding

Back