• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Where is Pointe a pitre?

erissimaco

Powder Monkey
Hello, I hope to write in the correct section. My first experience with this game and this mod, Build_14. I can't find the city of Pointe a pitre. but wait until you slap me, I know it's in Guadalupe, but when I disembark I find only a desert island. bandits apart. I have been playing in freestyle mode as a cast away, since the year 1500. I have been commissioned by the merchant of Nieves to deliver a cargo to Pointe a pitre but, I cannot complete the delivery because there is no city. maybe because at that time it didn't exist yet? if so, why did I get the job? I am on 09/27/1500. if it can be useful, I would add that on the island I had to fight against invisible enemies and during the fight the jungle plants burned leaving the area clear. maybe I have to defeat some evil spell to make the city appear?
google translation
Thanks in advance for any help.:ahoy

Guadeloupe, just like Antigua, is disabled / unsettled in the early period of 1500-1599. Historically, a few other towns should technically be empty too. But no idea why you still get a cargo job to Guadeloupe, and I've never seen burning jungle plants before.

In more recent versions, Guadeloupe is accessible in the "Early Explorers" period (1500-1599). The town is disabled, though, as Guadeloupe was not colonised by Europeans until later. I'll need to figure out why it's being picked as a destination for cargo quests.

Were the enemies really invisible, showing up as weapons floating in mid-air? Or were they simply hidden by the extra jungle?

In more recent versions, Guadeloupe is accessible in the "Early Explorers" period (1500-1599). The town is disabled, though, as Guadeloupe was not colonised by Europeans until later.
Technically, so were Martinique and the Cayman islands if I got my history correct. But I need those for Devlin so let's not change a thing. :D

Perhaps erissimaco meant invincible enemies?

Guadeloupe, just like Antigua, is disabled / unsettled in the early period of 1500-1599. Historically, a few other towns should technically be empty too. But no idea why you still get a cargo job to Guadeloupe, and I've never seen burning jungle plants before.
Thank you very much for your reply and clarification. So the city doesn't exist due to start date. Well, I'll be careful not to accept deliveries where there is no destination city. Maybe someone knows if the disabled cities are activated if their founding date is reached? It would be wonderful. Regarding the fighting with invisible enemies and the jungle plants disappeared from the area: to be precise, there were no flames but only smoke resulting from explosions. perhaps the opponents used some kind of grenade.
google translation
thanks again, regards

Maybe someone knows if the disabled cities are activated if their founding date is reached?
They don't. Cities changing names, changing nation or in this case starting to exist, corresponds not with the exact historical dates, but with the time periods of the game (1500-1599, 1600-1679 etc.). But the time period stays the same you started with. This means you could start a game in 1500 and play until the 1800s, but it would still be "Early Explorers".

In more recent versions, Guadeloupe is accessible in the "Early Explorers" period (1500-1599). The town is disabled, though, as Guadeloupe was not colonised by Europeans until later. I'll need to figure out why it's being picked as a destination for cargo quests.

Were the enemies really invisible, showing up as weapons floating in mid-air? Or were they simply hidden by the extra jungle?
Thanks for the reply. So, as far as I can remember, due to the very chaotic circumstance in which I struggled to see in the dense vegetation even visible enemies like ordinary bandits that I had faced previously, I think I remember seeing the weapons. but I'm not absolutely sure. I repeat, it was very chaotic, only thanks to my teammates I managed to defeat them. I seem to remember, too, that the explosions happened every time we killed one. Then smoke appeared and the dense vegetation disappeared there. I'll try a previous save to replay that fight. I didn't think it was a bug as I had previously fought perfectly visible enemies in the same place when I first passed. Regarding the cargo delivery missions, I happened to receive others with destination Pointe a pitre. Obviously I refused.:D
google translation
thanks again, regards

The extra trees in Guadeloupe's jungle (and in some other places) are effectively characters which can be attacked and killed. Sometimes in a battle in a jungle, someone will accidentally hit one of these trees. The group which did it will then become hostile to all such trees, which can be amusing if it was you or one of your officers because the red alert on the icons will continue, and your officers will continue attacking trees, until they're all destroyed. The trees can't move or fight so it's a rather one-sided fight. xD

They don't. Cities changing names, changing nation or in this case starting to exist, corresponds not with the exact historical dates, but with the time periods of the game (1500-1599, 1600-1679 etc.). But the time period stays the same you started with. This means you could start a game in 1500 and play until the 1800s, but it would still be "Early Explorers".
Thanks for the further clarification. It remains a beautiful mod. There is already a lot to play in this mode.
Greetings

The extra trees in Guadeloupe's jungle (and in some other places) are effectively characters which can be attacked and killed. Sometimes in a battle in a jungle, someone will accidentally hit one of these trees. The group which did it will then become hostile to all such trees, which can be amusing if it was you or one of your officers because the red alert on the icons will continue, and your officers will continue attacking trees, until they're all destroyed. The trees can't move or fight so it's a rather one-sided fight. xD
For real?:shock This is great for my ecological sensibility. Plants that defend themselves and fight with the spirit of nature against human aggression. :duel:This game never ceases to surprise me. Too bad I have to kill them to survive, on any other occasion I would fight alongside them.
With this last explanation I have all the answers I was looking for. I think this issue can be considered resolved.
Except for the merchants who commission deliveries that are impossible to complete. But it seems to me that this is something you have already taken note of.
google translation
Thanks again regards

For real?:shock This is great for my ecological sensibility. Plants that defend themselves and fight with the spirit of nature against human aggression. :duel:This game never ceases to surprise me. Too bad I have to kill them to survive, on any other occasion I would fight alongside them.
You don't have to kill the trees. You can run away from the them. They can't chase you. xD (If there are character trees in the next area, they might be hostile as well. You may have to keep running away until you're safe from the dreaded trees, back at your ship or in town. Now, for extra silliness, arm yourself with a thief's knife and try to rob a tree...)

You don't have to kill the trees. You can run away from the them. They can't chase you. xD (If there are character trees in the next area, they might be hostile as well. You may have to keep running away until you're safe from the dreaded trees, back at your ship or in town. Now, for extra silliness, arm yourself with a thief's knife and try to rob a tree...)
It's true! I can escape, I will try to change areas before my teammates kill 1.:cheeky Thanks for the tip, if I can open their inventory I will put in some money and some weapons.:flower

Oh, this was exactly what i was looking for to use on kraken's tentacles, thanks :D Long live the trees!

Wouldn't it be best to create a group like NPC_Trees and set it to never get hostile, or make the trees invulnerable at least ?

This is really amusing :D I wonder if you could steal them, and then use as weapons, so you could fight the kraken using his own tentacles... this got pretty weird fast.

I checked, no weapons. The glitter I saw in the smoke was the life points going away. Invisible enemy and invisible weapon, in case they have one. To be clear, I say invisible enemy because I saw my teammates slashing through the void and life points going up to the sky, but I had no idea what they were.:dance

Try to knock a building unconscious and watch it sit down. :eek: Wonder what happens, if it's a forest?

Well, this is a first for me. Lol. Well, what do you know, Treebeards exist in the Caribbean except they don't actually move and talk. xD

Screenshot 2022-07-04 131607.jpg

This though, it would be awesome if the game actually changes things as time progress but who plays that long to actually see it. Lol. Idk. Maybe some.

Have a look at this:
Where is the old abandoned fort at the Battle of Isla Mona

Those trees are building kit items. They have characters associated with them. It used to be possible to steal buildings and it's probably still possible to steal trees. If you make a building kit version of the Kraken's tentacles, someone will probably steal them too. :ninja
Sadly, it no longer seems possible to steal vegetation from a forest - only coins. :rumgone

Back