• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What's up with all the spammers on PA! recently

For now admins just remove the offending posts, ban the offending users, and move on. If it becomes a real problem then we can look at more mechanisms or forum updates that can help filter the user signups to take into account the new bots.

That just keeps our jobs a lot more interesting, we don't have to worry about getting bored! :walkplank

Nightmare, there is a little link at the bottom of each post that says "Report", from now on please use that to report spam.

Seriously, just REPORT them. This latest wave seems to be one person in Lahore, Pakistan. Now that we know, that individual will not be getting in again, hopefully. I just banned 2 more requests from that person.

Just FYI, the report button makes EVERY staff members menu light up with a big red number that shows that a post has been reported. It is a lot more effective than posting another thread about an offending post. That is what Hylie is trying to get across. From the menu we can then go straight to the reported post and take care of it. Thanks for helping out and reporting them.

I do not know how he is getting in, but I do know he usually only lasts a few minutes before getting banned again. There have been forum upgrades that makes banning him a very easy job.

This is not a normal spammer, but a sick individual with an agenda.

Thats good to hear because when someone puts a message it gets spammed so we don't see the important staff.

babajai is spamming posts, joined today and already has 26 messages, he's spamming the same thing over and over (how to get your ex back) or something like that.

Back