• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved whats the best way to play Jack Sparrow?

Ben Coats

Freebooter
whats the best way to play Jack Sparrow's character as a pirate? i started off @ Bermuda with 25,000, got some men, officers and repaired my ship, ive reached rank 10 or 12 so far, but am running into spanish, brit, dutch, and french patrols of way higher class than me, and now pirates have attacked me for no reason, anyone got any suggestions, ive taken a few ships and now just little over 101,000$ but if i try to sell a ship @ bermuda shipyard i get no $$$ for it, why is that???? i really would like to get a pirate quest line going (other than morgan's favor). pls give me some pointers.

ive figured out why the bermuda shipyard wasnt rebuying my ships i captured, its, cuz i was below 150,000$$, you have to be above that for him to buy back your captured ships. now im up to almost 700,000. on another note, can someone pls explain this to me?? why does it say: damage min/max 50/175 im not really understanding those of pistols/swords ratios.
start 2013-03-22 04-08-28-30.jpg

ok another question, i just took a Class 3 Poseidon, but have no where to store it, still havent got a patent from a nation, IF I DO, will that mess up my pirate quests of Atila, and Goodley??? spain has a 10,000$ bounty on me, the brits/french are neutral and dutch are hostile, any help here?
start 2013-03-22 05-24-34-24.jpg

That means that the game is rolling an average number of damage each time you shoot your pistol. In this case the damage number of hit points that will be subtracted from the guy you shoot will be between 50-175.

I haven't totally figured this out because I've noticed when you get the pistol books and your skill is higher, your damage is consistently better. But I don't know if that is still inside of the numbers for the pistol or you get a bonus above and beyond that highest number.

With all of those new pistols MK has been putting in the game I bet he knows.

EDIT: On storing ships, If your stealth is good enough to sail in the enemy harbor with their flag and not be seen as an enemy then you can store the ship there. I did this with Dutch ships in Spanish ports. To get it out you have to be able to do the same thing. You have to savescum/loadscum a little though. Cause usually they see its you.

i used to use the books but now i dont cuz they raise your skills higher, and its not enuf time to get your personal/ship skills up, which is really a waste time if you cant use them such as wind chaser, batten down the hatches, battering ram or honest face and so on, so i really dont use them, just sell and get the $$. i have all but 2 flags right now (dutch/spanish) i need to get to port Royale to deliever that guy to morgan, but still cant get in cuz the fort recognizes me as hostile, guess ill keep trying something different.

Back