• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion What do you listen to while playing?

Eskhol

Sailor Apprentice
Hey guys,

I stopped playing a bit (way too many hours today!) and now I'm adding my own music to the game. I'm a bit bored of the same old songs (besides one of the sea battle themes, the one that sounds somewhat Spanish, I love that one!).

So what do you listen to while playing? Do you just stick with the music already in the game or change it? :fiddler

I normally just have random music from Windows Media Player in the background.
That is always movie music anyway.

I did add several tracks to the default music pack to improve variety.
But that's already included in the main mod.

Any good tracks you're adding/replacing?

I would listen to Spotify if the game didn't change the music depending on the situation, but it does (which is great!) so I like to just change the music but still let it play as the game wants to play it.

I've listened to some and they are definitely a great addition!

I'm still searching in my library and adding them, I'll give you a list of the replaced tracks when I'm done. :) I have one for now!
It's called "Whitering Sun - Undying Force". (Edit: Name and artist of the song were the other way around, now it's good)

There's a youtube channel named "ThePrimeCronus" which has some great music.

Last edited:
Just so you know, I've spent the past many years accumulating all seafaring film music I could find.
So in theory, that would be a great source of material for a comprehensive music pack.

It would be!
I'm no expert in seafaring music, I just listen to OSTs from games/movies and random music that sounds epic for a sea battle.

And I was here with one song... :oops:

Thanks Pieter, now I have where to look for proper sailing music.

You always have to start somewhere.
Might as well start with the one track you found by yourself. ;)

Assassins Creed Black Flag didn't do alot of things right.

However. The collectible Sea Shanties are by far my fondest memories of that game. The sounds of the waves, and your crew singing as you sailed around. Obviously they would stop in dangerous situations, but it really helped with the traveling. High quality stuff. They have like 40 or something tracks all together you can collect for your crew.

This video has the sound of the waves birds, which is essential for the experience. :) Give it a listen all the way through while you are doing your thing.

...uh... please ignore the rocket ship.

Normally I just have radio rivendell playing if I'm not testing things which need me to listen to the game.

If you are a metalhead you can check out Eric Calderone - he made a Metal Cover of many Videogame soundtracks including Monkey Island - there are some quite fitting for sailing and pirating ;D

Back