• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Weird bug in Sea Hawk questline, July update

Maria47

Powder Monkey
Not really sure how to describe this bug. After getting caught in the storm out of Bridgetown Lighthouse, I head to Puerto Rico. I meet my companions and crewmember at the docks and then get teleported to the tavern as usual. Once at the tavern, the crewmember doesn't spawn at the table, so the conversation can't progress and you get hardlocked in place.

If you're quick, you can fast travel to the tavern and have the usual conversation with Danielle, but after that you get teleported back to the Docks and the crewmember talks to you again, which then locks you in place.

Honestly kinda stumped by this and can't see a workaround. I played through the questline in the May update and it was fine so I don't know if it's the recent update that did anything to it?

EDIT: Bahahahaha! Okay, I managed to find a workaround, if you immediately pull out a weapon and kill the crewmember, he won't talk to you, letting you head to the tavern and talk to Danielle in peace. Hope this doesn't fuck with anything in the future.

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave.rar
    849.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Try putting this into "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests". Then load a savegame from before you teleport to the tavern.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    359.6 KB · Views: 168
Yes, that one ought to be in the 6th July update. I'd changed some "candles" locators to new group "sit2" so that there isn't a phantom light under the seat, remembered to change some character locations to match, and forgot to check storylines. :facepalm In response to the report, I corrected the crewmember in question to use "sit2" instead of "candles", and also checked all other storylines as well. (Some "candles" references remain because I only altered one tavern type. The tavern in San Juan is that type.)

Back