• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Do you feel lost?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Perhaps

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Not all who wander...

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
-1: Odysseus & Sinbad
0. Captain Blood (Doctor Peter)
1. Pirates of the Caribbean (George Bruns & Walt Disney)
2. The Curse of the Black Pearl (Johnny Depp, 2003)
3. Build Mod (Sea Dogs/Corsairs, 2003,5)
4. The Legend of Jack Sparrow (by *not* Akella)
4. The Price of Freedom (A.C. Crispin; of Han Solo fame)
5. Dead Man's Chest ('guy' Verbinski)
6. At World's End (x2, TV & IA)
1.5: On Stranger Tides (Tim Powers)
7.5 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
7.75 - Salazar's Revenge/Dead Men Tell No Tales (EU-vs-USA, Joachim, Espen & Jelle B.)
7. Sea of Thieves (tie-in, ongoing...)
8. "Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons" (PiratesAhoy!. 2003.5-2021)

Oh... sorry. I included *interactive* movies too.
POTC:O should be in there somewhere 2.

I'm lost.
Some help, please...?

Last edited:
Maybe list more pirate stuff?
For example the Sea Dogs games aside from PotC?
Also been playing Ni no Kuni II, where two of the playable main characters are pirates. Sky pirates, but in spirit not much difference. The game isn't a pirate game you do get a ship later though witch reminds me of the Sea Dogs world map. Plus another one of them and the first one you get looks like Peter Blood from COAS, in animated form anyway.

1654530522574.png 1654531519314.png 1654531781684.png 1654531924541.png

Not sure if this helps in getting us unlost, but it's an attempt anyway.

Sky pirates, but in spirit not much difference.
Is this a Martin Caidin Indiana Jones thing...? :rofl

The game isn't a pirate game you do get a ship later though witch
That reminds me of how AC: Origins nicely slowly introduces the concept of "sailing" from 'Black Flag' back into the series.
Then in 'Odyssey', you have a ship already and get to find all sorts of user-defined stories and full free random events in the open world.
Finally 'Valhalla' shoots for the stars.

It's an odd thing.
I'm beginning to run into familiar features.
It's almost as if some of the devs have some familiarity with our dear "New Horizons"!

If this trends continues, the next game in the "AC" series might actually end up rrreally close to what has lived inside my imagination for a long, long time!
Though to really do justice to my imagination, the "AC" part must be dropped.

Let me think.... I am still a bit confused, but I can recall two games with pirates, that aren't really well known
At the beginning of "Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos" There are pirates. That game isn't a pirate game, but they play a huge role in the beginning.
archolos named pirate blanked textScreenshot from 2021-12-10 18-33-54.png
And in another less commonly mentioned game, the first Ni No Kuni, where there are some sky pirates, and in fact there's a whole area dedicated to them. Kublai.pngmaxresdefault.jpg
Have a feeling I did just not understand anything about this; but oh well.
(Yes, I didn't take those Ni No Kuni screenshots, I was too lazy :rofl)

At the beginning of "Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos" There are pirates. That game isn't a pirate game, but they play a huge role in the beginning.
archolos named pirate blanked textScreenshot from 2021-12-10 18-33-54.png
Gothic II Night of the Raven also had pirates which you got to join.

And in another less commonly mentioned game, the first Ni No Kuni, where there are some sky pirates, and in fact there's a whole area dedicated to them. Kublai.pngmaxresdefault.jpg
Have a feeling I did just not understand anything about this; but oh well.
(Yes, I didn't take those Ni No Kuni screenshots, I was too lazy :rofl)
Yep, if I hadn't mentioned it in the past here it is. They don't appear as much as in NnKII though.

Risen series of games by PiranhaBytes has pirates in it, they are really good old school RPG's in vain of Gothic, which was also made by them. Third part probably has the most pirate-y feel as you can have your own pirate ship to sail around while the first two are mostly taking place on land. Highly recommend them. Vandetta: Curse of Raven's Cry also comes to mind which is a full on pirate RPG game, starts a bit slow but it is really good, pretty decent visuals as well for an Indie title and a cool story to it.

Do we have a heading...?
By this time, @The Nameless Pirate and @Sand 2 Go had already signed.
Therefore:
Risen series of games by PiranhaBytes has pirates in it, they are really good old school RPG's in vain of Gothic, which was also made by them. Third part probably has the most pirate-y feel as you can have your own pirate ship to sail around while the first two are mostly taking place on land. Highly recommend them. Vandetta: Curse of Raven's Cry also comes to mind which is a full on pirate RPG game, starts a bit slow but it is really good, pretty decent visuals as well for an Indie title and a cool story to it.
Might this contain the answer to my earlier question?

Back