• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Uncharted Waters Online

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

Check this one out..........similar to VCO but totally free by the looks of it,
Uncharted Waters Online

Not tried it myself yet coz I've no room to install it, but will when I get new HD..

damski.

I've been playing this for a little over a month now and it's been worthwhile in some ways, a huge waste of time in others. Like any MMO, at some point your going to need to grind your skills. The combat is pretty lame, as is the water effects (ie storms and such). On the up side, you can travel to ports all around the world to trade or search for treasure, or to just mix it up with some generic pirate types. There is PVP in select areas throughout the world that are designated hostile waters. All of Europe, which is where all players start out, is designated safe waters, so you can level up without worrying about someone griefing you on your maiden voyage. There is the option to join a company, or start one of your own, if you feel the need to be part of a clan.

This game has been around since 2005 in Asia, but only launched it's English servers late last year, so things are still being developed. Man, I can remember playing the NES game Uncharted Waters that this game is based on...

"We're here to tell ya that we're out to get anyone from Portugal" :)

At any rate, if you don't mind some dullish combat and sailing from port to port (no quick travel) then this is a pretty decent way to blow out a few hours a night.

Oh yeah and it is free, with no annoying advertising, so that's pretty cool!

The "Uncharted Waters" I remember was a KOEI game

and it doesn't resemble this intro video

the Mediterranean wasn't exactly a safe place - you needed early magic items to sail here safely

The farther into the Atlantic and south along Africa you sailed you needed more advanced magic items

and don't let the description fool you - all items in that game were actually "magic" including the sextant and compass - because their mere presence reduced the number and severity of storms.

"Magic" eh?

How is that any different than POTC +1 to melee rubies and whatnot?

This MMORPG was developed by KOEI and while the gameplay has been updated from the original NES game, the spirit is similar in many ways.

Nice thing about this game is by turning down the eye candy just a little bit, it will run quite well on a 10 year old machine, if any still exist :)

System Requirements

OS
Windows XP SP2 or above
CPU CPU Pentium3-800MHz or above
GRAPHIC DirectX 9.0c or above (VRAM : 32MB or above)
RAM 256MB or above
HDD More than 8.7GB disk space
SOUND 16 bit stereo 44KHz WAVE compatible sound card
DISPLAY 800x600 or above, High Color display
NETWORK 1M bps or above

leave off all the plain games involving merely killing or shooting, and start your adventures on your flagship throughout the capacious ocean in the world of Uncharted Waters Online! Although upcoming MMORPG Wild Buster is developed by a South Korean company, one of the characters looks like Sephiroth in Japanese game Final Fantasy VII. And machine
game fans can't miss this game.

I have been recently playing this game as well and so far it seems great (if slow going like most other MMORPGs) but if you can get past the rather slow and boring school part the game seems ok. There seems to be a lot of different things to do and I've barely scratched the surface I think. The concept of creating your own personalized ships sounds quite interesting though I currently have no idea how to do this at the moment. Uncharted Waters Online is certainly much better than Pirates of the Burning Sea in terms of content, of course I would expect no less out of a company such as Koei. I've trusted Koei for some time. They have a great track record with games such as P.T.O. , Warship Gunner , Kessen, and of course the Dynasty/Samuari Warriors series. and so far the only monkey business I've seen from Koei has been some hularious drug trip points or modes in some of their games, for instance in warship gunner some of the most powerful hidden air units for your aircraft carriers are (and I kid you not) rubber ducks. and then there is one of my most memorable goofy and out of left field cutscenes from the game Kessen 2 where this goofy sorceress serving under wei dynasty warlord Cao Cao is trying to hit on him, just as one of his generals comes in to deliver a report on enemy forces to which she responds by randomly pulling a MODERN TV REMOTE out of her robe and rewinding the general out of the scene so that she and Cao Cao can be alone. If you want to see this example for yourselves here's the youtube link.

In any case goofy drug trips aside Koei makes great games and so far Uncharted waters Online looks great.

Hey guys! Do you know how to get the port permits to other areas in this game? Thanks in advantage. fjx

Back