• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unable to initialize Directx

cubfan1975

Landlubber
When trying to start the game (clicking shortcut) I get an Initialization Error which says Unable to initialize DirectX. View the readme file for possible solutions to this error.
I've got DirectX 9.0c and all the latest drivers. It must be some kind of setting or something. I have tried many of the "so called" fixes for this problem. I have added .dll files, copied .dll files from my XP cd and then expanded them (supposedly worked for many people), gone into the config files for the game and changed the resolution to the current resolution settings of my comp, tried to run it in safe mode as suggested.

I really need some more help with this problem, I am dying to play this game again!

Please help, it is much appreciated, Thanks.

I've seen many different comps with the same issue, doesn't seem to matter, but here is my info anyway:

Win XP SP2
Intel Celeron Processor
384 MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
32 MB on board Video (Intel 82810 Graphics Controller)
current display mode : 1024 x 768 (24 bit)
All sound and video tests are passed at DXDIAG

I doubt this will help with the game, Microsoft does not support anything below XP with SP3. Meaning you will not get anymore updates from MS, which may be a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about it.

Greg.

Back