• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug UI Unresponsive, can't load saves.

Tyler Newton

Landlubber
Hi all,

I'm trying to play POTC with the 2nd of April Build of NH and my UI is having issues. In general on the loading screen the UI buttons will flicker but I can click on them as you'd expect a button would work. Now nothing happens when I click load, or cancel etc. Using the arrow keys + enter also has the same issue.

I thought it would be fullscreen or 1080p issues so I tried 4:3 resolutions with windowed and it still would not work.

Another interesting issue is that when you try to load a previous save by moving left or right, along the thumbnails of the saves it moves at a snails pace. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

This is a fresh install of POTC with NH.

Is this Windows 10 by any chance?
Maybe your frame rate is crazy high.

Awesome! That was the issue, I've locked the fps to 60 with rivatuner. I'm sure that would also be fixed by turning V-sync on through graphics cards options. Thanks Pieter!

Another thing, is there any possible way to increase the FOV even slightly? It's quite low in FPS and Third person view, a little bit nauseating with a big widescreen monitor.

Or perhaps moving the camera back by editing the position? Is that accessible anywhere in some text files?

Last edited:
If it is anywhere, it is in AICamera.c , but I'm not sure it is possible at all.
Don't hold your breath...

Back