• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Trying to get POTC to work on my computer, help!

DSleep

Landlubber
Last night, I found my old CD of Pirates of the Caribbean (2003), and was super excited to play it again! I installed it immediately, and launched the game. Everything works until you try and click "New Game", where at that point, the game crashes. I tried just launching the base game, then tried connecting it through steam, and both ways it does the same thing, crashes when I click "New Game".

I am trying to play on my Dell Inspiron 15R-5520 laptop, running windows 7. Any ideas on how I could get it to work?

I see stuff mentioned on here about there being a modded version of the game, and I just want to clarify that I am not using any downloaded or modded version of the game, just the original game that came on the 2CD set.

Thank you in advance!

I had the same problem. I have to use the Intel fix to be able to run the game. The water doesn't look as pretty, but at least I can play the game.

Game was made by Akella.

I'd be surprised if it were intentional. But you never do know.

Back