• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Trying to capture a fort

Felipe Miranda

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Yeah, as you guys may notice, i'm the shittiest build mod player ever.(Don't blame me, still new to the game... almost) so i've made a video of me trying to capture Philsburg fort! Guess what? I've failed. If you guys have some tips to me, just comment please... please...please...please...
OBS: Don't mind my chanel name... it's not mine... seriously...

Lessee.....You had one ship with 56-24s and seemed to spend most of your time turning, which messed up your aim.

I have only captured one fort and did it with three ships with 54-24s each. I didn't do much, but the other 2 ships sure did.
3 pinnaces-2.jpg

Lessee.....You had one ship with 56-24s and seemed to spend most of your time turning, which messed up your aim.

I have only captured one fort and did it with three ships with 54-24s each. I didn't do much, but the other 2 ships sure did.
View attachment 13618
Yeah, i'll try to capture 2 big good ships. The way i like it, fat and slow. I'll try to search near Kingstown (Port Royale) if i find any ship usefull, i'll try to capture an easy fort... btw, can you say an weak fort to capture?

When I was testing for Capture Colonies, I found that the HMS Dauntless could destroy the Speightstown fort in 2-3 broadsides.
That definitely took a lot longer at, for example, Kralendijk, Port Royale and Cartagena.

Back