• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Top Contributors

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
As part of our drive to offer incentives to contribute to Hearts of Oak, we have introduced the Top Contributor Award.

This award is meant to recognise exceptional work and dedication of individuals from the development team. It will be given out by Coordinators as they see fit, to reward all manner of excellent contributions and encourage everyone to go that little bit further. ;)

All those awarded with it get access to our 'secret' and hidden "Coordinators Only" subforum and are invited to join our "Coordinator Discussions".

Below is a list of all members that have received this award so far, along with the date and reason for getting it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Top Contributors' Hall of Fame
-----------------------------------------------------------​
Wedori (26 Jan 2014) - For providing multiple extremely-high-quality models for tests within CryEngine.

Flannery (17 Apr 2014) - For writing professional, varied music and making the original Hearts of Oak Development Trailer

RobinPC (11 Aug 2014) - For his continued contributions to our project, especially to terrain development, and his willingness to learn and improve

Dario (23 Aug 2014) - For his dedication to laying the foundation on the quest writing effort and his willingness to do whatever needs to be done to help move this forward

Mask (23 Aug 2014) - For his valuable work on establishing the formatting of the quests, as well as developing methods for working together on writing multi-branched stories

Trunks518 (23 Sep 2014) - For his tremendous contributions on the Unity Engine development; we would not have come as far in as short a time as we have without his help

@Captain Murphy (2 June 2015) - For being the public face of the game's development, introducing development videos, and putting more hours into engine development than anyone else to date.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Congratulations, Wedori! :woot

I have been unable to fully keep up with all that has been going on here lately,
but I'd definitely like to commend also the efforts of Captain Murphy and yourself.
Excellent work, people! :cheers

We (the Coordinators) decided to reserve the award for non-Coordinators only. Partly to prevent banner overload, and partly because it might seem a bit self-indulgent otherwise. :wp

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you know that your work is very much appreciated too. :bow

Thanks Guys! I hope that the hard work of all people will crack the nut from the idea till the finish game. Captain Murphy is a very, very great programmer and its a big motivation to make big steps forward with his work. We should ever face that the time is fast coming to hold us the back free for deeper research. Its the most crazy and horrible job and its very helpful when we can motivate more users to help in 2D, 3D and programming.

Im very proud that we all (everyone at his special position) work with the goal in the eyes forward. No one have said that the way will be easy but the way is possible and thats the motivation. We never give up and work forward.

All what we need is to belive in the project and have tons of patience. Fall 2013 till today is so a big difference, that Im very excited what 2014 will give us.

Thank you!

New "Top Contributor" for April 2014

For writing professional, varied music for this game and making the original Hearts of Oak Development Trailer,
as well as his continued dedication to this project and the community, I am very pleased to provide the "Top Contributor" award to @Flannery.
Congratulations, matey! :cheers

WOW!! o_O :shock

That was really unexpected!!! Thank you very much! :)
I am truly honored! :D

With such a vibrant and active community, I really do not take lightly to receiving such a token of appreciation towards my work and really just doing what I like best.
There are so many great and fantastic contributors here, and such a good, creative and skilled bunch of people just doing what they think is fun in life - and I am just glad I am allowed to have fun with you all! :cheers

Again... from the bottom of my jar.. erm I mean heart - thank you :doff

New "Top Contributor" for August 2014

For his continued contributions to our project, especially to terrain development, and his willingness to learn and improve as he goes along,
I provide "Top Contributor" status to @RobinPC! Long overdue and well-deserved.
I think congratulations are in order! :dance

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on that subject, we have a bit of an announcement to make: As per this week, the "Top Contributor" award is no longer just a ribbon for your forum account.
All those awarded with it get access to our 'secret' and hidden "Coordinators Only" subforum and are invited to join our "Coordinator Discussions"!

Well done mate! Congratulations!

TWO MORE "Top Contributors" for August 2014

A lot of work has been done behind the scenes on the Quest Writing effort and that most definitely deserves to be acknowledged now!
Especially noteworthy have been the contributions of @Dario and @Mask, whose efforts are very much appreciated.

Therefore it gives me great pleasure to award them both with the "Top Contributor" award! Additional details listed in this thread's opening post.
Of course there is quite a bit of overlap between their contributions, as they have been working together with each other.
Congratulations to them both! And I certainly am looking forward to seeing where these efforts will lead in the future! :pirates

Wow! Didn't expect this. Thanks a lot man :)

Makes me happy already to be able to contribute and this recognition fuels my desire to keep doing it.

And there's so much more we could do.

Congrats to Mask as well, who's been doing an impressive work on that quests system.

I'd like to thank all the big people, because they are highly neglected in parodies. I'd like to thank Väinö Myllyrinne, the tallest soldier of recent history who served in the Winter War, and a skilled wrestler and strongman. Sonya Thomas, who despite not being physically big makes up for it in guts--champion of eating contests against men thrice her weight. Carl Akeley, who was sort of tall, but most notably got his lungs stomped out by one of the largest elephants ever seen, and survived*! And of course, I'd like to thank Ching Shih, who shows that even if your beginnings are as humble as a pleasure ship prostitute, you can still hope to be a terrible overlord of the seas and form a freaking pirate empire.

Really haven't done much lately, in disgrace of this title. A mixture of burn out from those big documents and quests, and the intimidation of trying to start again and from trying to learn a new program have made for me contributing little in the past while. Hopefully I can get back on track before I'm rightfully stripped.

Thanks to all of you for being kind enough to give me the achievement, and to congratulate me on it (even if the common sense of your action you will soon question, while laying wide awake at night).

*: Between that and stomping a leopard to death (after he pulled its tongue out), those are arguably not his greatest achievements.

Really haven't done much lately, in disgrace of this title. A mixture of burn out from those big documents and quests, and the intimidation of trying to start again and from trying to learn a new program have made for me contributing little in the past while. Hopefully I can get back on track before I'm rightfully stripped.
Nobody can be at the top of their game all the time. But we're not asking that from anyone either. ;)

New "Top Contributor" for September 2014

Truly long overdue, @Trunks518 has been invaluable in our speedy progress on the Unity Engine these past few months.
Now that he has received the donations for a Unity Pro license as well, we'll be looking forward to even more progress in the future!
Massive thanks go to him for his continued work. :treasure:

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Back