• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Whydah Galley, 1716

Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum but am enjoying your mods especially when it comes to POTC and and I want to say that what you are doing is just amazing. I still take great pleasure in playing pirate and hunting down merchant ships, provoking surrender by hoisting the Jolly Roger!

I come to you to ask you a question: I noticed that you have presented many models of ships. Is it possible to create one? I am thinking of one of the only two pirate ships identified as such: the Whydah Galley.

Thank you for your answers.

Attachments

• 1b2881cc43981e123d334b856c8140de.jpg
    1b2881cc43981e123d334b856c8140de.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,202
Also for modders, I have a question.

Could we have a Blackbeard character in Sea Dogs coas GOF please? I just can't believe that we have all the important potc characters except blackbeard

I'm new to the forum but am enjoying your mods especially when it comes to POTC and and I want to say that what you are doing is just amazing. I still take great pleasure in playing pirate and hunting down merchant ships, provoking surrender by hoisting the Jolly Roger!
Welcome mate! And thanks for the kind words. :cheers

I come to you to ask you a question: I noticed that you have presented many models of ships. Is it possible to create one?
It's certainly possible.
As long as there is somebody to do it.

Could we have a Blackbeard character in Sea Dogs coas GOF please? I just can't believe that we have all the important potc characters except blackbeard
You could try to port the PotC version.

That's excellent news. Personally, I cannot mod. However, sometimes I modify the weapons as well as the textures, sometimes certain characters too. It would be nice if the community can resurrect the Whydah as in the model photo. I can offer the community my knowledge of the marine world (ships) and particularly that of piracy because that is what I specialized in when I was younger in university.

Possibly this thread will help?
Tutorial - POTC ships to AOP" COAS

Also this:
Guide - Sailorspoints and Walk Files
PoTC uses "walk" files. AoP and CoAS use "Sailorspoints" files. This thread includes a link to "PotC-AoP Walk Files Conversion Tool" - which doesn't seem to work as the site seems to have been wiped. I downloaded the file some time ago and still have it, so if you want to go ahead with porting the PoTC "Black Pearl", I can upload the file to the forum.

Give a person a mod, and they'll enjoy their gaming for a month or so.
Teach a person to mod, and they'll spend endless days writing code, crafting graphics, and neglecting their hygiene. Or so I've heard. :drunk

Back