• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Lost Treasures of Infocom!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Here is one for all you Old School gamers like me, Activision is releasing a collection of classic games made by Infocom! For those of you who don't know, this was the Golden Age of gaming, when games such as Zork and Cutthroats defined computer gaming, and machines like the Commodore 64, Amiga ,Radio Shack TRS-80 and the Apple IIe defined computer hardware. I had the privilege of playing on all of those platforms, plus a few others, and it was an experience that simply can not be duplicated.

Today's games may have much better graphics and much more robust hardware, but they simply can not compare to the experiences, challenges and imagination those games provided. Modding was very prevalent even back then though, instead of forums like ours, there were BBS's chock full of all kinds of information and modding techniques. My parents can attest to all those long distance bills they had to pay to satisfy my curiousity(Sorry Mom!)

But anyway, enough of my rambling, here is the full press release :

Choose your own adventure through 27 classic gaming masterpieces in The Lost Treasures of Infocom! Available for the first time on the iPhone and iPad, The Lost Treasures of Infocom combines interactive storytelling and text adventure gaming to deliver clever and engaging puzzles, unexplored worlds and unexpected twists never before seen on mobile devices.

The Lost Treasures of Infocom has been designed specifically for iOS, with a customized interface designed specifically for tablets and smartphones. Each of the games, packaging, and in-box items have been faithfully reproduced for fans of the series, along with hints and maps. The classic hit Zork™ I: The Great Underground Empire is included FREE. With over 350 hours of gameplay, a whole new generation of gamers can discover the wonder of The Lost Treasures of Infocom.

Gamers can purchase additional 5 game bundle packs at $2.99 each or own the entire game collection PLUS all game maps AND the exclusive, never-published bonus adventure “Zork: The Undiscovered Underground”, for just $9.99.
Collectable Games Available:
· A Mind Forever Voyaging
· Ballyhoo
· Border Zone
· Cutthroats
· Deadline
· Enchanter
· Hollywood Hijinx
· Infidel
· Leather Goddess of Phobos™
· The Lurking Horror
· Moonmist
· Planetfall®
· Plundered Hearts
· Seastalker
· Sorcerer
· Spellbreaker
· Starcross
· Stationfall
· Suspect
· Suspended: A Cryogenic Nightmare
· The Witness
· Trinity
· Wishbringer
· Zork 1: The Great Underground Empire (FREE with free initial download)
· Zork 2 : The Wizard of Frobozz
· Zork 3 : The Dungeon Master
· Zork: The Undiscovered Underground (exclusive, never-published bonus adventure as a special bonus)
Discover interactive fiction and classic adventure gaming today with The Lost Treasures of Infocom!
The Lost Treasures of Infocom is available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and Zork 1: The Great Underground Empire is FREE with a free initial download.
Appstore Link: http://goo.gl/vzFfD
For more Infocom fiction, follow us on www.faceboook/InfocomMobile

©2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

Attachments

• Infocom_logo.png
    Infocom_logo.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 26
Back