• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved The guy from a dungeon

V

Valium

Hello.
For some time I'm wondering about a certain thing.
I'm talking about strange guy who stays in the city, sometimes he walks.
For example in Antigua, he stays near the church.

When I pass by him, he stops me and he starts to talk...
He asks me to came to the local dungeon at midnight, because it's a matter of life and death.
When I came to dungeon, he said that I'm naive sailor, because that's a matter of my DEATH, and he starts to fight with me. His one cut is killing me, so I can do anything.

Maybe someone knows what and who it is?
Is it a quest? I tried to find out something about that, but I just don't know the name.

Regards.

It is a quest that you sometimes get in random towns, basically its just a guy who wants to mug you with his pals and he lures you to the dungeon. I usually ignore the requests unless I'm feeling lucky and want to take down a few thugs in closed quarters.

It is actually the beginning of a very fun quest: The Austin Quest. https://sites.google.com/site/skodacoas/home/important-quests/austin-quest

If you don't go fight these guys, the quest will terminate.

What I always do is quicksave F6 when I first come to a town. If you aren't ready to fight the killers yet (and they are REALLY tough!) then go back to your save and avoid them until you level up to where you can handle them. I can usually beat them but still with a challenging fight by level 10 to 12. If you are playing on Corsair or higher difficulty it won't be one killer in the cave. I've never played on impossible, but have heard there are several. Two are hard enough and I've had to savescum many times to get through and win. They always have a lot of money and really good items on them when you plunder the corpses - this is always nice when you are almost broke.

Have fun!

MK

I've just beaten the one guy in Antigua. He had got 11k gold, standard pistol and heavy sword, known as Falchion.
I have started to play a few days ago, on Corsair difficult and I have already had got 9 th lvl yet.
I met the Surprise class ship once, and I took over him. I sold my older ship and today I met also Raa Frigate at first - I grabbed him, but when I gained 32 Guns Frigate, I changed Raa for 32; so I've got 2 cool ships.

I thought that this game could be more difficult with this mode.

Sorry for the double posts, but I can't delete this first post.

Back